Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Space Reaper
For any of you who ever knew about Space Raep, I had to change the title of this game so that way it can be "school appropriate".

So anyway Space Reaper is my graduation project. It's going to be an RTS with an online mode as well (because my grad project is my first online game).

So anyway, when I get a decent amount of shit programmed I'll put a demo up.

And while I'm here, I might as well list the different units and buildings. Any ideas, just tell me.

Before any of you ask, when ships are built, there is automatically one human in the ship to start out with. Humans can be loaded and unloaded. There needs to be at least 1 human in a ship in order for the ship to be able to do anything at all.

UNITS
Worker
Type: Ground
HP: 10
Attack Power: 1 on ground units, 0 on air units (Mining Torch)
Capacity: None.
Description: Just a tech-smart engineer. He is able to fix or repair buildings.
Unique Upgrades: None.

Suicide Terror Drone (idea by Vipershark)
HP: 25
Attack Power: 100 (Self Destruct)
Description: A low durability android that acts like a Kamikaze Bomb.

Soldier
HP: 15
Attack Power: 4 (Twin Laser Pistols)
Description: Just an average soldier.

Poison Trooper (idea by Vipershark)
Attack Power: 2 on human units, causes poisoning rate of 1. (Lethal Gas)
Description: A human equipped with a gun that sprays poison gas, and a gas mask to prevent being poisoned themselves.

Sniper
Attack Power: 10 (Laser Sniper Rifle)
Description: A soldier who can shoot long distances.

Cargo Ship
Type: Air
HP: 100
Attack Power: 0
Capacity: 8 humans
Description: The main transportation ship. Allows a decent amount of humans and supplies for building to be moved (you don't actually have to load them up with supplies though).
Unique Upgrades:
Kamikaze Bomb-When a Cargo Ship is built, it will also include a Kamikaze Bomb that will follow it until it dies, or unless an enemy comes within range of its owner. As you can guess, a Kamikaze Bomb will crash into an enemy within range (doing 75 damage) in order to protect its owner.

[Image: fz340.jpg]Firefly
HP: 75
Attack Power: 4 (Solo Laser Gun)
Capacity: 1 human
Description: A small but rather quick ship. Often used for scouting.
Unique Upgrades:
Tertiary Thruster-An extra thruster (won't actually appear though) is added in order to make the Firefly move faster.
Chameleon Metal-Allows the Firefly to cloak, making it able to be unseen by enemies.

[Image: 24o4wea.jpg]Standard Ship
HP: 125
Attack Power: 8 (Twin Laser Guns)
Capacity: 2 humans
Description: The ship often used by standard pilots. Can move at a decent speed.

Name pending
HP: 175
Attack Power: 20 (Twin Laser Cannons)
Capacity: 4 humans
Description: A ship that lacks a little bit in the speed department, but makes up for it in strength. Includes 2 Laser Cannons, and can be modified to also shoot homing missiles.
Unique Upgrades:
Mini Turret-A small, single missile turret installed near the thrusters. Each missile shot will do 60 damage (because the missiles are small).

[Image: xggx6p.jpg]Flyin' Barricade
HP: 135
Attack Power: 5 against mechanical units (Magnet Beacon)
Capacity: 2 humans
Description: A ship slightly bigger and with the same design as Standard Ship, only with a protective ring around the outside of the ship.
Unique Upgrades:
Reflector Panels-Any laser shot at a Flyin' Barricade will bounce off and be able to damage an enemy.
Electromagnetic Field Generator-The ship will be able to create an electromagnetic field, temporarily disabling certain upgrades on enemy ships ,Missile Turrets, Satellites or Force-Field Generators within range.

BUILDINGS
[Image: 2n6b638.jpg]Control Tower
HP: 500
Description: Able to order more metal or hire more humans. If a team has none of these, and no Workers, they lose.

[Image: wh1pp4.jpg]Garage
HP: 450
Description: Ships are built in here.

Barracks
HP: 400
Description: Humans are trained here for various jobs.

Workshop
HP: 300
Description: Upgrades are bought and built here.

[Image: 353cjk0.jpg]Missile Turret
HP: 150
Description: Shoots missiles at nearby enemies at a slow rate. Each missile will do 50 damage. This is the only building (so far) with the ability to be upgraded. Missile damage can be upgraded to 100, and firing rite can be cut in half.

Force-Field Generator
HP: 100
Description: A rather small and weak building, it generates a force-field around nearby buildings on the same team.

Resource Depot
HP: 350
Description: A return point for any worker mining for metals.

Sniper Tower
HP: 50
Description: A tower with a Sniper. The Sniper is invulnerable while in the tower. Once the tower is destroyed, the Sniper is dropped out with 3 less HP than it had before.

UPGRADES
These are other upgrades that may apply to more than one object.

Power Upgrade
Highest level: 3
Description: Increases the power of attacks that use lasers. This upgrade is already owned and starts at level 1 (normal power).

Self Destruct
Highest level: 1
Description: Allows a selected ship to self destruct. This is useful for when a ship is about to be shot down anyway. Warning, this does hurt allied units and buildings as well. The explosion does 100 damage.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Space Reaper - by Saltonara - 10-17-2009, 05:29 PM
RE: Space Reaper - by Vipershark - 10-17-2009, 08:28 PM
RE: Space Reaper - by Saltonara - 10-17-2009, 10:20 PM
RE: Space Reaper - by Vipershark - 10-18-2009, 12:58 AM