[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SSB for GBC
Yah, I'm gonna be spriting the SSB64 characters in a Game Boy Color sprite style. The 8-bit and small sprites, yeah. This is like a "What if they made a SSB for the Game Boy Color?" thing. Who knows, I even could make a little fangame out of this. Just your opinions on how this is so far. Do you think they're good?

Edit: Got some animations.
Basic Attacks            
Smash Attacks        
Specials     [Image: MarioDownSpecial.gif] [Image: MarioUpSpecial.gif] [Image: MarioGrab.gif] [Image: MarioThrow.gif]
Thanked by:
These are great,
Good Job.
But Mario I think needs less detail.
Thanked by:
I like them. kirby's head looks a bit pointy.
Thanked by:
Er... bump?

Edit: Along with the bump, I have some animations up now.
Thanked by:
I've been spriting SSB64 characters in my style, which is in my avatar. I just can't get Ness's hat right though...same goes for Samus's visor.
[Image: Arcade_Fuhrer-290x300.jpg]
Thanked by:
>_> I came asking for critique. Not to hear about you spriting something. You're off topic.
Thanked by:
Luigi looks a little pale.
[Image: signaturefs9.th.png]
Thanked by:
He's pale in Brawl. Also, I don't think Mario's red toned skin goes good with Luigi's green.
Thanked by:
criticism: you said hes pale in brawl, but hes not white. maybe more like marios skin?
brb crying over evangelion 3.0
Thanked by:

Yah, it doesn't look good, as already said. Also, Luigi has relative colors to this in Mario Tennis for the GBC, and also, it's a bright yellow, not white.
Thanked by:
the old one was better.

the main problem with your sprites are the feet. They don't look anatomically correct.
Thanked by:
Well technically I was on topic, I was commenting on how I was spriting something similar.

Anyways, they look pretty good, but the feet need some work, as said by Gorsal.
[Image: Arcade_Fuhrer-290x300.jpg]
Thanked by:
The feet.... were made a bit bigger cuz I didn't like how flat they were. They look better IMO now. Check the animations for the feet I used now.
Thanked by:
The feet are fine, I think you should just add hair to Mario & Luigi. They're not bald, you know.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
I think you made Mario's stance look sort of feminine.
Thanked by: