The VG Resource

Full Version: SSB for GBC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yah, I'm gonna be spriting the SSB64 characters in a Game Boy Color sprite style. The 8-bit and small sprites, yeah. This is like a "What if they made a SSB for the Game Boy Color?" thing. Who knows, I even could make a little fangame out of this. Just your opinions on how this is so far. Do you think they're good?
[attachment=554]

Edit: Got some animations.
Basic Attacks[attachment=563][attachment=560][attachment=561]
Smash Attacks[attachment=562][attachment=564]
Specials[attachment=565][Image: MarioDownSpecial.gif] [Image: MarioUpSpecial.gif] [Image: MarioGrab.gif] [Image: MarioThrow.gif]
These are great,
Good Job.
But Mario I think needs less detail.
I like them. kirby's head looks a bit pointy.
Er... bump?

Edit: Along with the bump, I have some animations up now.
I've been spriting SSB64 characters in my style, which is in my avatar. I just can't get Ness's hat right though...same goes for Samus's visor.
>_> I came asking for critique. Not to hear about you spriting something. You're off topic.
Luigi looks a little pale.
He's pale in Brawl. Also, I don't think Mario's red toned skin goes good with Luigi's green.
criticism: you said hes pale in brawl, but hes not white. maybe more like marios skin?
[attachment=569]
Yah, it doesn't look good, as already said. Also, Luigi has relative colors to this in Mario Tennis for the GBC, and also, it's a bright yellow, not white.
the old one was better.

the main problem with your sprites are the feet. They don't look anatomically correct.
Well technically I was on topic, I was commenting on how I was spriting something similar.

Anyways, they look pretty good, but the feet need some work, as said by Gorsal.
The feet.... were made a bit bigger cuz I didn't like how flat they were. They look better IMO now. Check the animations for the feet I used now.
The feet are fine, I think you should just add hair to Mario & Luigi. They're not bald, you know.
I think you made Mario's stance look sort of feminine.
Pages: 1 2