The VG Resource
TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Sprites / Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-127.html)
+--- Thread: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] (/thread-25521.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - Virtuaboy123 - 07-24-2014

Bad, still not even finished with outdoor city tiles. However if you want to give it a shot, go for it. Just use the tile set up.

I'm at a loss for what other types of buildings to add and if I wan't too keep the generic looking background buildings the way they are.
[Image: sOlGffX.png]
I updated the car sprites on Chris2balls's tileset, I think the sewer/hole he did looked good as is, made a fire hydrant, and redid the Alley Gator/Crookodile sprite.(thanks Sevenstich for the idea)

Finally is there any type of tile laying program for making conceptual maps? I could use rpg maker but was wondering if there's any good alternative. Right now I doing it piece by piece and that takes me a lot longer than it should. (I usually make mistakes with on pixle and the whole thing ends up being off set)
[Image: Jr1bM7z.png]

RE: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - Virtuaboy123 - 07-26-2014

Doc I took your advice.

I used VX though I'm not sure if I will use it for making the game. It's not very 8bit friendly with all the semitransparent tiles. I would have to find a way to remove it.
[Image: t9bv2mR.png]
Note I added the hydrants and cars in Paint.

Also army enemies, I added changes to a few of them.
[Image: c59g4Vm.png]

RE: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - Doc - 07-26-2014

(07-26-2014, 02:31 PM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: Doc I took your advice.

I used VX though I'm not sure if I will use it for making the game. It's not very 8bit friendly with all the semitransparent tiles. I would have to find a way to remove it.
[Image: t9bv2mR.png]
Note I added the hydrants and cars in Paint.

Also army enemies, I added changes to a few of them.
[Image: c59g4Vm.png]

Cool stuff.
VX is really cool, but like you said it has some features that make 8bit chipsets look a little off for some reason. The thing with RPGM vx is that it's really cool for adding custom scripts, and making the game completely non-stock. What I like about RPGm 2k3 is that it's a lot better with 16 bit or 8bit graphics, but it lacks in scripting ability and all of the new features in VX. It's your choice, really ( and I can help with either, years of experience with RPGM's )

also I did this thing

https://soundcloud.com/lorddocimus/battle-against-a-sneaky-apponent

RE: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - Virtuaboy123 - 07-28-2014

Sounds good. Imo it sounds like it could be more of a villains hideout theme, based in an arcade or old factory.

I was fooling around and trying to update my mugshot design.
[Image: giwZcLz.png]
I know VX uses a much larger mugshot image however, so i'll need to either resize or redo the old ones.

RE: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - Virtuaboy123 - 07-30-2014

The green characters
[Image: iPBQRK4.png]

RE: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - Virtuaboy123 - 08-05-2014

Been busy again.
But good news, figured out a way to not re-size the sprites by instead putting a border around the characters mugshot.
Now the question is should I have a default border or one for every unique character?
[Image: UbONsjH.png]

RE: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - Thor - 08-05-2014

(08-05-2014, 10:43 PM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: But good news, figured out a way to not re-size the sprites by instead putting a border around the characters mugshot.
Now the question is should I have a default border or one for every unique character?
Good to hear you found a workaround. Perhaps have borders for specific character groups? Like Bosses, heroes, unique NPCs, etc

I feel like having one general border for everything would eventually get bland while having an individual border for every unique character would be a bit much (unless you go the way of recolouring the border, and even then...) though it sounds cool in theory

RE: TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard] - E-Man - 08-06-2014

Regarding the borders, my suggestion is to use one style for the playable characters, another style for the NPCs, and one more for the villains.