Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TSRPG [Sprites/Ideas/Storyboard]
Hello everyone.
I've been doing various sprites and such for a would-be game called. TSRPG, it would be a very Earthbound/Metal Max type of rpg.
[Image: AaT2y1X.png]
Coding and such isn't my thing(yet) so at the moment the game would be made on an rpg maker. If someone wanted to code the game it's all yours. I'd supply the story/graphics.

Concept map
[Image: HEyLV5C.png]

I'm simply too busy to spend tons of time and getting it finished; it's nowhere near. However, I feel that the users of the TSR should have a hand in making the game.

I don't know if this should be a Community thing or not but I certainly deserves it's own thread.
If you want to help here's how you can!!!
-Post your own sprites (can be monsters,overworld characters, tiles).
-Post Ideas for the story.

Here's the dimensions for enemies.
[Image: CxhuQg7.png]
[Image: mugen.gif][Image: 41583772.gif]

Love Gotta Have it:
Oh god these are so cool.

I'm not worthy to be part of this I MEAN I really can't find anything wrong with these sprites. Awesome work!
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by: Virtuaboy123
I've got an idea on what would make the battle system nicer; if it makes use of the ATB system, so that speedy characters actually have a purpose, other than getting first strike. With ATB, speedy characters can outturn the slower characters, getting 2+ turns before everyone else, and thus raising the speed stat of characters would serve a much bigger purpose, and not be a throwaway stat compared to strength and defense.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Like in Final Fantasy? That would be neat.

New Enemy(s)
[Image: IHDXWFs.png]
Tyrantoid, Devilsaur
(Bad with names)

Love Gotta Have it:
Thanks for the new avatar, dude! Really captures my likeness. c:

Also man, I really love your enemy sprites, a lot of them are just plain gorgeous. o:

(also like, please don't take that as a jab like "PKEASE MAK MY MUGSHOT", I'm just doing it for the humor. I'm just happy someone wanted to include me in a thing! work on it at your own pace, man)
Sorry about that.

Few more enemies
[Image: 4uz3n4D.png]
Flyguy, R. Fly, Buzzy
Street Rat, Hood Rat
Snapper, Killer, Hellhound

Love Gotta Have it:
I'm making a new enemy right now! The medium and large sprites are placeholders for now. [Image: M3fEy58.png]
Swoops out of literally nowhere

[Image: pQqS4IB.png]
Tried to emulate the style. Just one of my characters turned generic enemy
C+C appreciated, his limbs could use some work imo
So he found the heart in barren land
It was beating, still alive
He held it gently in his hand
And looked up to the sky
I like it!
I tweaked it a little. One problem was too many colors.

Note: Along with the black and white colors, the enemy sprites can have a total of 5 other colors. I didn't make that clear at all

[Image: WG3EYaY.png]
I also updated the pitbull sprite and the Bruiser's helmet now has a skull emblem.

Does he have a name?

edit
I'll actually keep the bigger mohawk. And for names Cue Ball and Punker for the alt color, if he doesn't have one.

Love Gotta Have it:
eyyyy so
This looks like a cool idea
I'm an old TSR'r from the 2000's and I used to dabble in spriting (still do) but I mainly focus on music now
I can help with the music of the game? I do mostly 8bit-y stuff and electro but I'm trained in all genres~

(you can check out my stuff @ http://doctorkid.bandcamp.com/ & @ https://soundcloud.com/lorddocimus )
Thanked by:
Well, as much as I say go for it, I wouldn't want to have you do that type of work for nothing.
However, if and when this game really takes off, I'd love for members to make in game music and sound effects.
Sorry Sad

Love Gotta Have it:
Thanked by:
(07-21-2014, 11:45 PM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: Well, as much as I say go for it, I wouldn't want to have you do that type of work for nothing.
However, if and when this game really takes off, I'd love for members to make in game music and sound effects.
Sorry Sad

It's really not that big of a deal! besides some personal work during the day, I'm free most of the week and don't really mind doing work. Plus, I love making music, so obviously it wouldn't be too much of a burden on myself. You can choose, but tbh I'm totally up for it~
[Image: aFkJMtr.png]
Thanked by: Virtuaboy123, recme
(07-21-2014, 11:18 PM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: I like it!
I tweaked it a little. One problem was too many colors.

Note: Along with the black and white colors, the enemy sprites can have a total of 5 other colors. I didn't make that clear at all

[Image: WG3EYaY.png]
I also updated the pitbull sprite and the Bruiser's helmet now has a skull emblem.

Does he have a name?

edit
I'll actually keep the bigger mohawk. And for names Cue Ball and Punker for the alt color, if he doesn't have one.

His name's Crab, but your names would probably fit a hell of a lot better in this instance ahahaha
So he found the heart in barren land
It was beating, still alive
He held it gently in his hand
And looked up to the sky
Crab sounds good too.
[Image: ls3Y5QZ.png]
Doodle, Bad Grade, Lewdoodle
An attack for Lewdoodle could be it questioning it's existence.

and I made a sprite of Raoh, but I'm not sure if I will use it.

And Doc if you want to ok Smile. Give it a Mother/Metal Max vibe in terms of battle music. Be cool if I could get a way for different music to play for different enemies.

Love Gotta Have it:
okay so ive really been partying hard these past few days so i didnt really move on with my current programming projects or anything
but i am leaving to quieter, prettier less urban places in which i will rest my soul and play starcraft get down to making some games

so yeah i'm keeping an eye on this and might start on programming it well see
the thing is i'll be out for the whole month of august, with no internet so that means no updates for you guys

so keep tuned till the end of vacation where i will possibly come back with something playable who knows

PS: and yes im giving everyone this update of my very interesting life in this thread instead of somewhere in the IRL section because idgaf
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: Virtuaboy123, Thor