The VG Resource
My sheets -- what more can be said? - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: My sheets -- what more can be said? (/thread-379.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Kenjitake - 04-22-2009

my suggestions are overworking you huh? hehe, sorry. expecting it whenever, I really like where they are going... some of your best, miles.

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - zeemo71 - 09-10-2010

Dude i love your MC style items! i saw the old version a while back and now the 5.SOMETHING and its awesome!

Moderators don't get mad about posting on a old thread please

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Rosencrantz - 09-10-2010

(09-10-2010, 03:56 PM)zeemo71 Wrote: Moderators don't get mad about posting on a old thread please

oh okay because you asked so nicely we'll all be nice right back!!

seriously, the only good reason to bump a thread from a year ago is if you have something to contribute to it. And Miles hasn't been here since his last post so he's not ever going to see your message.

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - DioShiba - 09-10-2010

(09-10-2010, 03:56 PM)zeemo71 Wrote: Dude i love your MC style items! i saw the old version a while back and now the 5.SOMETHING and its awesome!

Moderators don't get mad about posting on a old thread please

And you took a part of Gillian's old username?

holy lord kid, the least you could do is stop pulling out an excuse like asking the mods not to get mad over this to post in this thread.

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Ultimecia - 09-10-2010

(09-10-2010, 03:56 PM)zeemo71 Wrote: Moderators don't get mad about posting on a old thread please

Then don't post. Simple as that.
If you don't have anything useful to improve it, then don't necropost
Locked and warned

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Miles07 - 06-25-2011

After two long years... the next update is here.

[Image: zeldaseriesitemsficon.png] v 5.07
Spirit Tracks is done, and the Oracle rings are posted. Hehe. You like?

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Previous - 06-25-2011

Oh hey there, nice to see you're still keeping this up!

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - isael-21 - 06-25-2011

You did choose the best Zelda Game to work the sprites on,

I haven't played all Zelda Games, but I can say all those sprites are very well done Wink

But you could work on Link Sprites using the Items, not an easy task, but the sprites won't be that useful if you don't do :/

Anyways, Keep up the good work! ;D

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Miles07 - 06-25-2011

(06-25-2011, 11:59 AM)isael-21 Wrote: But you could work on Link Sprites using the Items, not an easy task, but the sprites won't be that useful if you don't do :/

Thanks for the critique. As for your above comment... Yeah, it wouldn't be easy. And, frankly, I'm running out on my subscription to Fireworks (seeing as while I was gone, the computer almost melted down and Fireworks was deleted, so I downloaded the 30-day Trial to CS5, and I can't afford to pay for the full version), so that's one reason why I can't do it.
Secondly, I was thinking that working on a FULL LINK SPRITE SET for all of the games would be either 1) a very long project done by me or some other expert, or 2) a community project. Using, of course, TMC-styled sprites as a base and FSA-styled sprites as a backup. I could start working on this next sheet, then... but I'd first need to be pointed in the direction of a good free spriting program that supports layers and transparency. Any ideas?

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - isael-21 - 06-25-2011

There is Paint.net
It supposedly supports layers, and transparency, I guess.
It's like a Free Photoshop Big Grin

But I don't know how it is, I just found it googling Tongue

About making EVERY Link of EVERY Game, is not what I meant, I mean, just doing, maybe TMC-Styled Link using the Items that YOU drew, and I know it isn't that easy, but it's okay, that is a hard thing to do, and it's not an obligation, so, take it as a suggestion Wink

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Miles07 - 06-27-2011

(06-25-2011, 11:20 PM)isael-21 Wrote: 1) There is Paint.net
It supposedly supports layers, and transparency, I guess.
It's like a Free Photoshop Big Grin
But I don't know how it is, I just found it googling Tongue

2) About making EVERY Link of EVERY Game, is not what I meant, I mean, just doing, maybe TMC-Styled Link using the Items that YOU drew, and I know it isn't that easy, but it's okay, that is a hard thing to do, and it's not an obligation, so, take it as a suggestion Wink

1) Thanks for the link. I'll try it.

2) I don't quite understand, then. You mean, for the items that aren't in TMC or FS? So, making Link poses for, say, the Seed Shooter from Oracle of Ages. Is that what you meant?

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Chris2Balls [:B] - 06-27-2011

Paint.NET is fine, I use it quite often. Not as good as PS, but it's still worth having it if you're a cheapskate! Wink
Congratulations on the sheet, and welcome back!

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Miles07 - 06-27-2011

Well, if all you need an image-editing program for is spriting, there's a lot of extras that Fireworks and Photoshop have that aren't really necessary. The transparency- and layer-support are really just conveniences -- one may even call them luxuries -- but they help get the spriting work down quickly and efficiently.

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - isael-21 - 06-27-2011

(06-27-2011, 11:19 AM)Miles07 Wrote: You mean, for the items that aren't in TMC or FS? So, making Link poses for, say, the Seed Shooter from Oracle of Ages. Is that what you meant?
Yes! would be nice, but a lot of work, though :/
But you could start with one single game, like the older ones, that, if you have the time and disposition, of course.
I know what is making an animation for ONE single item, I can imagine what it would be making all those, like an eternity ( : _ : )

RE: My sheets -- what more can be said? - Miles07 - 06-29-2011

Hmm... I think that'd be okay. I'm sure it'd be a lot of simple editing and mish-mashing of sprites, but I'll run up a few ideas about that and be back with an answer in a few. In the meanwhile, I'd like some critique on my sprites. I already see that I need to update the Spirit Tracks section with a few items (among other things), so be ready for v5.08 soon. Plus, that .TXT is almost ready.
Man, that was quick.
[Image: zeldaseriesitemsficon.png] Version 5.08.