The VG Resource
New stages - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: New stages (/thread-8624.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: New stages - GaryCXJk - 11-01-2009

Edward Mansion Court Yard
It's a simple stage. Nothing of interest happens, except for in the background, where you can occasionally see "D" in the background. Really, nothing really impressive happening.

Precipice / Nalaku / Kubos
Basically a 2D version of the Art Style game. You begin on a platform of only five blocks wide, and at a steady interval blocks fall from the sky. At the same time blocks drop from the bottom pile. Stand on a block to change it to your color. Make a whole row of your color and you get a bonus power-up.

RE: New stages - D2S-Speed - 11-02-2009

I think for a Megaman stage we should do a stage from Wily's Castle maybe from Megaman 9?

RE: New stages - Svyat - 11-07-2009

Rockman 9 - Endless Maze
PROBLEM SOLVED

RE: New stages - Irockz - 11-08-2009

One I'd like to see is Bowser Jr's robot reactor.

PART ONE: NEW MIX PLANET
[Image: Tech_planet_2.jpg]
the boxes are jumpable on. every now and then a bullet bill will appear. after a while the screen will pause on the launch star. it breaks free from the glass. and the screen flies into the sky, along with your characters. Now, you fight in space, until you land on...

PART TWO: TECH PLANET
[Image: Snifit3.jpg]
The player lands on Megaleg's leg. as the leg raises up to walk the screen raises. The player must run up to Megaleg's head. Then, they, just like the game, lure the bullet bill into his head. Then do it X2, and Megaleg explodes, sending you back to New mix planet through space. the level then repeats.

RE: New stages - magicsnake - 11-11-2009

here are some ideas (mostly from mario Tongue):
Tic toc clock stage from mario 64:
in the middle there is a clock where you can go on the "hands" that spins,
on each side (left/right) there are two gears, they each spin, and under/between the gears and clock, there are two platforms...
if you fall you lose a life

mini mario stage from mario vs dk DS
there are spikes (if you go on them you lose) a piranah plant on the side that spits fire balls , and some platforms, there are also the "pink blocks" that appears and disapears like in the original game (when with the stylus you touch the blocks)

I hope you'll understand lol Smile

RE: New stages - Rökkan - 11-11-2009

If we're putting Bomberman in, I had this awesome idea for his stage.

[Image: FIELDOFGLORY.png]

of course, not all 3rd party characters would have stages if we would have 8 3rd party characters. Just Sonic, Snake, Megaman, Bomberman and MAYBE Klonoa or the Square-Enix character.

The stage is called Field of Glory. And would work very similar to Bomberman's normal stage. Break the blocks by attacking them, and grab the items that might come inside some of those blocks, that, by the time you meet other players to battle, you will have already some items equipped on you. Smash your opponents to other blocks to crush those blocks too, until you can send your foe offscreen. But don't take too long! Or else you'll hear a strong whistle, and a HURRY UP! message will appear. When that happens, one of the stage's sides (up, down, left or right) will have all of its brick blocks destroyed, and iron blocks will start to fall and fill that blank space. Don't get caught smashed by one of those blocks, or you'll recieve a lot of damage. After filled, that giant wall of iron blocks will stay for a minute or so, reducing the stage's size, and then fade out. After disappearing, some brick blocks will be "reborn". Not much, so that, if your battle is just too long and you have destroyed pretty much all brick blocks, the stage can "renew" itself some so that the stage won't get boring and stale. And if the battle takes too long, the iron blocks, when they start falling, might take two sides instead of just one! (like left and up, for instance)

RE: New stages - Kitsu - 11-11-2009

^ That's a good idea, but I'm not sure about the actual design of the stage right now. It looks like it'd be pretty boring when all the bricks are gone (and while waiting for them to respawn). Maybe see if you can work in the usual grid type thing, or maybe an extra platform or two.

RE: New stages - Britt - 11-11-2009

New area of Luigi's Mansion?

Maybe the rooftop where Luigi fought King Boo, or possibly just the mansion foyer.

RE: New stages - D2S-Speed - 11-11-2009

If Viewtiful Joe is in maybe we can do the stage with the Helicopter the chandeliers are platforms and the Helicopter comes in and shoots at you.

RE: New stages - Cshad - 11-15-2009

Mother 3 could use Ohsoe Castle as a stage since New Pork City kinda sucks. Earthbound/Mother could use Cave of the Past/Mt.Itoi as a stage too, they would look rather cool imo. The latter could have giygas or the devils machine in the background.

RE: New stages - Koopaul - 11-16-2009

Can we actually make a list of pending/confirmed stages?

RE: New stages - Shadowth117 - 11-16-2009

(11-16-2009, 07:00 PM)koopaul Wrote: Can we actually make a list of pending/confirmed stages?

It would be nice if someone did this. There are a lot of nice ideas in this thread and it isn't long enough that it would be terribly hard to read through.

Back more on topic, here's my idea for Clanker's Cavern from Banjo Kazooie. Nobody's really confirmed much about whether third party stages can get in or not, but I made a basic layout for Clanker's Cavern.

[Image: clankscavern.th.png]
And here's a reference picture. If you want to see how animations should look than just look at a playthrough of the level on your favorite streaming site or play the game itself.
[Image: clankers_cavern_clanker2.jpg]

RE: New stages - D2S-Speed - 11-16-2009

I remember playing that game alot

RE: New stages - Kairos - 11-16-2009

For the umpteenth time, Banjo is not third party. We can't use anything Banjo Kazzoie. Get over it.

RE: New stages - Shadowth117 - 11-16-2009

Rare was a third party at the time that game was made and Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Banjo Pilot, Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, and Diddy Kong Racing were ALL games with Banjo in them on a Nintendo console. If this game was made by Nintendo I could understand it and maybe its just me, but the excuse that Rare isn't a third party is really bad in my opinion considering all of the reasons there SHOULD be something from a Banjo Kazooie game in this fangame.