Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New stages
This topic is NOT for;

1) Suggestions for inclusion of past stages.
2) Suggestions for characters so we can include certain stages.

This topic IS for;

1) Suggesting unique stages.
2) Posting ideas and concepts for stages.
3) Critiquing stages posted by others.

I'll start;

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/144/scan0010k.jpg (big file)

1) Lost Underground- Earthbound- I like how this one came out a lot. The Chomposaur doesn't move, but its head moves slightly. It can be climbed on. The Ego Orb appears at the top of the screen randomly. It does not hurt the characters who touch it, but any items or characters who touch it are bounced away. The geyser erupts, sending characters on top of it to the top of the stage. Those who touch the sides are damaged. Tendas and Fobbies appear on the bottom and interact with each other.

2) Grass Land- SMB3- I like the three blocks as a centerpiece. I think it would be cool if one of the blocks was white and it was possible to duck and go behind it like in SMB3. Everything else can change, though I think the Angry Sun would be a good thing to include. Anyone who wants to play with this can.

3) Duck Hunt- Duck Hunt- This stage is similar to Super Flat World. The bottom is impenetrable, but people can be KO'ed on the top and sides. The Ducks can be knocked out of the sky. The dog will pick them up. When he ducks back down, he tosses out an item. Needless to say, when someone is KO'ed, the dog laughs. I think this stage should be 8-bit.

4) Wart's Throne Room- SMB2- The Bad Dream Machine is the centerpiece of this stage. I thought we needed a stage that was up off the ground. Clouds of to the sides each hold a jar, which the character can enter and exit. Items come out of the Machine. The Phantos are just for show. This is a more "classic" island-in-the-sky stage.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I like them all except for Wart's Throne Room. It just seems like Fountain of Dreams, or Skyworld, but with rules and added features.
Mew2King Wrote:they should make a cereal called jiggly puffs
Thanked by:
I thought we could do something like Mushroomy Kingdom 3, which would be like Mushroomy Kingdom but SMB3...?

And here's something I did in paint in 2 seconds. It's just a little sketch of this one stage I've had in mind for a while:
[url=[Image: castleegger.jpg]]Castle Egger[/url]

Just a basic stage with a platform in the middle that tips back and forth and a little guy named Rocky who rams into you.
Thanked by:
Well, any floating stage is essentially the same stage with added features... I personally like Wart's Throne more than the SMB3 and Duck Hunt stages.
Thanked by:
I always liked the idea of using more universal stages. What does that mean? Stages based off places in a series that appears multiple times. Like for example: Death Mountain, its been in almost every Zelda game since the beginning.

Or perhaps locations based off the series in general like the Lylat Cruise which took you to all sorts of places in the Lylat System.

I don't want to see random stages pulled out of nowhere. They need to be someplace important.

My suggestions:

MAGICANT: From Mother 1 and Earthbound.

The only location in the Mother series to appear in two games. It is extremely iconic as it represents the most strange and rediculous parts of Mother.

WII SPORTS RESORT: From Wii Sport Resort durr...

This is important because its an actual location dedicated to the Wii Sport series.

Thanked by:
I like specific location stages. Shows Nintendo loves us and it's cool to see how they're utilized. It'd be boring if every stage in the game was just some generic location used throughout each corrisponding series. It's cool to have those stages that represent the series as a whole as well, but I think when a series gets more than one stage, they should be specific too. Peach's Castle is cool for one stage, but then making other generic Mario stages just gets boring.

Edit: also, here's a few of my ideas. I don't have any fancy pictures so use your imagination and/or knowledge of the setting it's based on.

Hyrule Castle: This is the Hyrule Castle from Wind Waker, not the rest of the Zelda games. The stage takes place in the center of the castle. This is a flat floored stage so the only way to die is to be thrown off the sides. The statue of Link is crumbled on the floor of the platform in the center. There are two more platforms to the side that are meant to be the top floor but you can’t go all the way to the side or you’ll die. There are also Moblins and Darknuts in the background. The stage starts out in black and white with everything but the characters in play frozen. As time progresses, the stage begins to change color and the statue of Link and the rest of the castle fixes itself. The moblins and darknuts come to life and can attack players at times. Fighting for a period of time messes up the stage and things eventually change back to black and white. Repeat.

Mario Clash: This is a stage based on the Virtual Boy title, Mario Clash, so naturally, it’s all black and red. The stage is your standard stage with a long platform on the bottom and a few platforms floating here and there. At the ends of the bottom platform are two pipes. Here in lies this stages gimmick, you can run through this stage and appear in the stages background, which is just another long platform, with two pipes and a few more platforms here and there. Just like the game, Mario Clash, Buzzy Beetles and Koopa Troopas occasionally come out of the pipes. They can be knocked into their shells and then kicked to the background or foreground of the stage.

Mother Brain’s Chamber: This stage is a replica of the final boss stage of Metroid. Mother Brain is located on the left side of the screen and occasionally attacks the players fighting on the right side of the screen.

Smash City: If Smashville in the town of Animal Crossing, then Smash City is the City of Animal Crossing. You fight amongst the hustle and bustle of the city from AC: City Folk. Another one of those stages with no way to fall through the floor. The fountain in the center can be used as a platform, as can the balloon cart and the things above the doors of the building or whatever. I dunno, I didn’t really think this one through.

The Underworld: If ever there was to be an upward scrolling stage ala Icicle Mountain and Jungle Falls, it should be from Kid Icarus, a game centered around scrolling up. This could be a replica of one of the stages from Kid Icarus where you jump upwards as the stage scrolls, avoid enemies and crumbling bricks and what not.
Thanked by:
How about Katina for a Starfox stage?

The characters would battle on the base located there, and sometimes the enemy mothership comes and you can fight on that too.

I dunno, I just thought it would be nice to have a Starfox stage thats not on the Great Fox/random spacecraft...
~signature~
Thanked by:
Well I don't know much about the newer Zelda games or Star Fox, so other people would be better to come up with those.
Thanked by:
Eh I don't know. Mario Clash is from a time Nintendo would like to forget. That kind of stage is too obscure. Let's think about these stages first.

They can't just be some place we think "would be cool"

I looked at the pattern of stage choices from the Smash Bros series and they are either:

A: Based off a iconic location that represents the series as a whole. (Yoshi's Island, Jungle Japes, etc)
B: Based off a location from the last major game (Great Bay from Majora's Mask and Delfino Plaza from Sunshine)
C: Made up location that represents the series. (Poke Floats, Lylat Cruise)

Never have I seen a stage chosen without historical or recent significance.

Thanked by:
That reminds me!
A new Poke Floats would be interesting, but we'd have to decide which pokemon we'd put in it.
~signature~
Thanked by:
(08-21-2009, 04:48 PM)YellowWollywog Wrote: That reminds me!
A new Poke Floats would be interesting, but we'd have to decide which pokemon we'd put in it.

We COULD remake that level or we could make something that has yet to be done for this series using the same basic idea. A Super Mario Bros. 3 airship level for example.
Thanked by:
(08-21-2009, 05:53 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote:
(08-21-2009, 04:48 PM)YellowWollywog Wrote: That reminds me!

We COULD remake that level or we could make something that has yet to be done for this series using the same basic idea. A Super Mario Bros. 3 airship level for example.

I'm liking the airship idea.

We could have it scroll through exactly like it did in SMB3, plus the Rusty Wrenchs, Torches and the such.

But should we base it off an exsisting airship, or create a new one entirely?
~signature~
Thanked by:
(08-21-2009, 04:19 PM)koopaul Wrote: Eh I don't know. Mario Clash is from a time Nintendo would like to forget. That kind of stage is too obscure. Let's think about these stages first.

They can't just be some place we think "would be cool"

I looked at the pattern of stage choices from the Smash Bros series and they are either:

A: Based off a iconic location that represents the series as a whole. (Yoshi's Island, Jungle Japes, etc)
B: Based off a location from the last major game (Great Bay from Majora's Mask and Delfino Plaza from Sunshine)
C: Made up location that represents the series. (Poke Floats, Lylat Cruise)

Never have I seen a stage chosen without historical or recent significance.

I don't think Mario Clash is any less obscure than Electroplankton, a game 90% of all people who played Brawl never played.

Also, for the airships, I had an idea where you start out on one of the airships and it takes you around for a bit, and eventually you abandon ship at Bowser's Castle. There'd be lava, Thwomps and what not. You fight there for a bit and eventually the ship comes back and you hop back on. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Thanked by:
(08-21-2009, 06:48 PM)Teeks Wrote: Also, for the airships, I had an idea where you start out on one of the airships and it takes you around for a bit, and eventually you abandon ship at Bowser's Castle. There'd be lava, Thwomps and what not. You fight there for a bit and eventually the ship comes back and you hop back on. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I dunno. I think we should just keep the level airship-specific.

remeber, we want it scrolling, similar to Poke floats. (cause really, thats the way it was in SMB3) If we included the castle, It would be way too much for one stage.
~signature~
Thanked by:
Or, at the end of the airship, there'd be a gray pipe, and you'd warp to the Koopaling battle stage. After a little while in there, the floor breaks and you fall onto another identical airship, and repeat.

And for a Sonic stage, Hydrocity Zone. Can't really think of a layout.
Thanked by: