Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[INDEV] Pokemon Card GB Expansion | New Sprites 06/22/12 - Reconstructing OP
Can't decide which one I like best...

Feraligatr [Image: ExpeditionBaseSetExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: Feraligatr1TCG.png]

Feraligatr [Image: ExpeditionBaseSetExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: FeraligatrExpeditionLargeTCG.png]

In the first one, I kept the dimensions are they're "supposed" to be. I recently found out that cards whose art box is larger laterally than that of Pokemon cards from Base Set to Neo Destiny (that is, cards like Trainers and Pokemon cards from Expedition Base Set) are like that because the top is cut off and the art is simply enlarged so as not to seem smaller. To get an idea of what I mean, first look at this Venonat from one of the Japan-exclusive Vending Machine Sets-

...and now look at the same card, but reprinted in Pokemon Web, which uses the "stretched" art box from Expedition and onwards-

Notice how the left sides end the same way: with a running Venonat with a Pokeball above it. However, you'll see that the top and bottom of the Pokemon Web version are cut off. From this I concluded that the "right" way to sprite such cards would be to match the left and right sides and fill in the top and bottom (although, admittedly, the spriters for the first two Game Boy games cut the edges off of Trainer cards when spriting them.) Anyway, the top version of the Feraligatr was done with these parameters. I kept the sides intact and filled in the top and bottom. However, for the second version, I matched the top and bottom while cutting off the sides. On one hand, I like the background in the top version better, and it shows more. On the other, the bottom one allows for more detail on the focal point of the sprite. So, thoughts?

Edit:

Hitmontop [Image: BlackStarPromoSymbol.png]
[Image: HitmontopPromoTCG.png]

Edit 06/03/12:

Marowak [Image: VendingMachineExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: MarowakTCG.png]

Kadabra [Image: VendingMachineExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: KadabraTCG.png]
[Image: BannerMain.gif]  [Image: Delibird1TCG.png] [Image: Weedle1TCG.png] [Image: BannerMain.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA] Pokemon Card GB Expansion - by Plino - 12-02-2011, 07:04 PM
RE: [IDEA] Pokemon Card GB Expansion - by Plino - 12-03-2011, 04:59 PM
RE: [IDEA] Pokemon Card GB Expansion - by Plino - 12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
RE: [IDEA] Pokemon Card GB Expansion - by Plino - 12-04-2011, 09:50 PM
RE: [INDEV] Pokemon Card GB Expansion | New Sprites 05/29/12 - by Plino - 06-02-2012, 08:33 PM