Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
[INDEV] Pokemon Card GB Expansion | New Sprites 06/22/12 - Reconstructing OP
Hey guys, I'd really appreciate some feedback on these issues...

Dark Forretress [Image: NeoDestinyExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: DarkForretressTCG.png]

As you can tell, the background is horrible. I used up my colours. So I'd like some advice as to how I could make the background look better with the colours I have. Alternatively, I was thinking I could maybe substitute the dark red with black so I could free up a palette slot, but...

Sentret [Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: SentretTCG.png]

I recently downloaded a plugin for paint.NET that counts the number of colours in an image, and for the most part it's been a wonderful tool for helping me make sure I'm not exceeding my palette limit. But sometimes is seems to count wrong. For example, for Yo-Yo Boy's Aquapolis Cubone, it says there are twelve unique colours used, but I only count seven. I also check by setting the tolerance for the magic wand tool to 1% to highlight any rogue colours that look very similar to the rest and using the recolour tool set to 100% . So for that, I mark it off as some freak mistake (even though it ALWAYS counts twelve. It doesn't matter if I copy and paste the image right from the site or if I download it then open it. But now, for my Sentret, it's counting nine. I counted the colours myself, made a concrete palette and recoloured with 100% tolerance, and checked using the magic wand at 1%. But no matter what it keep counting nine, and it's giving me a headache. Any insight on this at all? Could I get some peer review to see if maybe it's just one colour that for some reason I keep missing? Thanks in advance.

Ok, NOW Mareep and Butterfree are really next.

Edit: Yeah, ok, this is ridiculous. I was curious so I counted the colours in a some of the older sprites using the plugin and it's giving me tens and nines when I'm positive the limit hasn't been exceeded. I'm going to look into this more.
[Image: BannerMain.gif]  [Image: Delibird1TCG.png] [Image: Weedle1TCG.png] [Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by: Gwen, Ploaj, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA] Pokemon Card GB Expansion - by Plino - 12-02-2011, 07:04 PM
RE: [IDEA] Pokemon Card GB Expansion - by Plino - 12-03-2011, 04:59 PM
RE: [IDEA] Pokemon Card GB Expansion - by Plino - 12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
RE: [IDEA] Pokemon Card GB Expansion - by Plino - 12-04-2011, 09:50 PM
RE: [INDEV] Pokemon Card GB Expansion | New Sprites 04/29/12 - by Plino - 05-02-2012, 12:54 AM