Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Duper Mario! (A Really Super Mario Adventure!)
just as a disclaimer, the game does holds on its own as people has said already and its great to see someone who actually put their effort on making something and expanding on the formula, rather than being another lame reharsh of the overused super mario world. i reckon this game does have the potential to be a great, fun platformer with a bit of challenge. wich is what every platformer(or every game out there) should aim for.

but when you name it "super duper mario" you already dumb down your game, and what people might expect out of it. you said you did not put much though into it, but take it as someone who looks at it, and checks the video and the initial though automatically puts in on par with the rest of the library of terrible mario fan games, evene when that was not your intention. the name its rather bad, and it doesnt really help the game in any good way to be honest. check steam's indie section and take a look at how people has presented their games: that should give you an insight at how something that might seem so insignificant is actually teh very first impresion you're giving to your posible players about your work.

this now seems like a rather finished project, and i doubt you'd have any intentions to rework what we have stated. however, i do sincerely hope you'd take this input for your next works.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Duper Mario! (A Really Super Mario Adventure!) - by Cobalt Blue - 10-05-2012, 01:33 AM