Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Duper Mario! (A Really Super Mario Adventure!)
(10-04-2012, 02:59 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote:
(10-04-2012, 01:53 PM)Phaze Wrote: If GSA wants to make it a Mario game, who are we to tell him what to do with it?

Who are we to give advice then? We all know we can't force someone to do what we want. What we give here is feedback. What is done with it is up to the maker.

In my opinion, it is a shame it is a Mario fangame as it doesn't stand out in this over-saturated 'genre'. However, his unique custom art and sound sets it apart. I too think it's better off a custom game rather than a fangame as that is the only thing that keeps it from being truly the maker's.

Again, feedback. It can be processed immediately, be taken in for the future, or ignored altogether. It's what the maker thinks is best.

I appreciate your feedback! Like I said, I would rather have an audience who articulates their immediate, honest reaction as opposed to one who just praises the game (as it has unfortunately been the few other forums I've posted it in).

I noticed you said it doesn't "stand out". While it isn't my exclusive goal to make it so, it would be good to know what sort of thing you feel would make it really, truly unique (I do like broad audience appeal, contrary to what I made it seem like in my earlier post). Anything barring, of course, making it a not-Mario game -- don't get me wrong; I really, truly do appreciate how much you and a few others think this shouldn't be a Mario game, but the fact of the matter is that if I were to make it my own game I would have to deconstruct it to a point where the game will not have the style and structure that it currently does. I am very happy with the direction it has taken, and since the core elements were primarily derived from the pre-existing mechanics of Mario (tweaked, of course, to suit the game's style) retrofitting everything to make an entirely new game, from a developmental perspective, seems very counter-intuitive.

Having said that, it might be wise to just wait to play it until you really give feedback of that caliber! Nonetheless, I really really appreciate the otherwise positive response the video has received. It definitely encourages me to move forward with my next project !!
[Image: cooltinysdm.png]
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Duper Mario! (A Really Super Mario Adventure!) - by greatspaceadventure - 10-04-2012, 03:15 PM