Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PS2 Games
So, my older brother's giving me his PS2, and I'm, of course, wondering what I should get for it. So far the list consists of:

God of War
God of War II
Gungrave
Gungrave Overdose
Devil May Cry series

The .hack series has caught my eye, but in the coming months I doubt I'll have nearly the kind of time it'll take to play through one JRPG, as opposed to the... what, seven in the series?

Edit: Oh fuck me I totally forgot about the Legacy of Kain series. /facepalm
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:
Fatal Frame II was pretty badass. I've never played the first one, though. Resident Evil 4 was another really good game for the PS2; it was a nice twist on the typical Resident Evil story.

If you're into driving games, Gran Turismo 3 was the shit. Gran Turismo 4 was also pretty good, but it's hellishly more difficult than 3.
Thanked by:
Kingdom Hearts series
Katamari Damacy series
Metal Gear Solid series

That's all I can think of right now, I'll post more if I think of any.
Thanked by:
Legacy of Kain series is winner. Fatal Frame 1 is one of the best of the series and Fatal Frame 3 ties all the games together

I recommended some PS2 RPGs at another topic, so I'm going to copy past they here:

Disgaea
Disgaea 2
Final Fantasy X (you can skip FFX-2, but if you're open-minded you can try it)
Grandia 2
Shadow Hearts (must play before the next one)
Shadow Hearts Covenant (my favorite PS2 title)
Tales of the Abyss

Now on the non-RPG games!
Soul Calibur II & III
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 (there's a pack featuring the PS1 MGS and the 2 PS2 games)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Silent Hill 2 (BEST of the series. EVER)
Tekken Tag, 4 and 5
Lego series (Lego Star Wars I & 2, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones) are fun to play in 2 players mode (if you don't have it for another console)
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Viewtiful Joe 1&2
[Image: 29bzekz.png][Image: vdwegohard.png][Image: 29bzekz.png][Image: weedg.png]

TEAM ROCKET POPPIN BOTTLES ALL DAY AND NITE, SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Thanked by:
Persona 4.

That will be all.
Thanked by:
(11-26-2009, 03:12 AM)Rai Wrote: The .hack series has caught my eye,

.hack (or at least the first 4, I've not played G.U.) is not your standard RPG in that its system tried to juggle real-time combat with menu-based combat in a method that isn't very intuitive. As RPGs go there's very little scope for customisation, and boss battles are very stop-stat.

If you want 'em for the plotline or for the //Liminality OVAs, then you'll find those actually pretty easy to obtain elsewhere.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Yeah, I also can't recommend the .hack series for the same reason. Every time you want to use a special attack you actually got to stop the game, access the menu and use it. It can be kind of annoying. The difficulty can be non-existent to extremely hard in just 2 screens. Also, even if you watch //sign, .//Liminality and play the games, there's still details that they didn't revealed. So... Yup, annoying.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Final Motherfucking Fantasy X.

It's the best reason to still have a PS2.
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4
Ominusha series
Hitman series
DMC series
Disgaea 1 and 2
any Ratchet and Clank game
Thanked by:
R-Type Final
Thanked by:
Mostly for the PS2 I'm looking into the exclusive whatnots, as if there's anything multiplatform, I've already got a 'Cube and a black box that are likely run them at a better framerate. PS2 version of RE4 seems worth buying a second time, though, if only for that Star Trekky-lookin' phaser thingy, and apparently the PS2 version of Darkwatch has two extra levels.

(11-26-2009, 03:21 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: Final Motherfucking Fantasy X.

It's the best reason to still have a PS2.

I actually played about five hours' worth of Final Fantasy X while staying at a friend's house some years back, and to be completely honest, it didn't grab me at all. I've had about the same problem with just about every other Final Fantasy title and just about every other JRPG I've tried. So instead we popped in DMC3 and had a fucking blast.
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:
(11-27-2009, 12:00 AM)Rai Wrote: every other JRPG I've tried

that sucks because that's all i see in this thread
Thanked by:
(11-26-2009, 03:42 AM)Sol Wrote: Katamari Damacy series

Seriously impossible to find Very Sad Everywhere I ask the clerks just laugh. Sad
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
I actually found the second one in a gamestop once so it isn't impossible, just really really fucking hard.

Dark Cloud 2
Grandia 3

Everything else I'd suggest has already been suggested
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: