Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
More Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga beta sprites
Hello. I would have added this to my other topic, but I do not like having more than one of my posts in a row very often, and also so I could guarantee that these are uploaded when possible (not that I have any doubts about the first topic, but just to be safe).

[Image: marioandluigibetasprite]

Need me to explain what to find here? Very well:

Unused "Mario" label,
Unused Enemy overworld sprite (does not have any in-battle sprites),
Green Surfing Oho Jee: Attacked sprites,
Closed (+ open) tutorial book,
Some type of certificate?,
Unused Key Item icon (/item icon),
Boddles' assistant (with his true palette)*,
? Block (normal + red + green),
Wiggler head and segments (not sure if these are beta or not, but they are not used by the boss),
Badge sprites (pink, blue, and yellow badges),
Switch Puzzle Statues: Fire used,
Beta Action Commands (plus beta action command icon holders),
Beta menu stuff? The arrow is a slightly different palette,

Mossy Goomba,
Pop Goomba,
Paragoomba,
Nice Guy,
Stg. Starshade.

I hope that you all like these sprites!

*= Maps most often handle the sprites that they have separate from their palettes, so it is possible to have a sprite on a map use any palette in the game (which is why the colours were messed up in the first two videos). I am guessing that Nintendo decided to make Boddles' assistant use a different palette.

A note about the enemies. Pop and Mossy Goomba come complete with all of their animations to match Goomba's, but with some pixels off (barely noticeable though). As for Paragoomba, this is all that it comes with (plus a moving animation, which is just the sped up idle).

Notice something? Looking at the style of the label, and the Goombas (also for the lack of a Luigi label), what other game is somewhat like this?

Have a nice day.

Edit: Sorry, but it appears that the image has been reduced in size. I will try to fix it now.
Thanked by:
Very interesting. All saved!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Thanks. By the way, if they were appearing incorrectly before (reduced size) they should be fixed now.

Have a nice day.
I hope that you are all happy with the spritesheet that I have oploaded! I am working on another one, but it will probably take some time, since I am continuing with the editor again.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by:
Wow, this is fantastic! Great job. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Thanks.

Oh, I forgot to mention... The two pictures in the top right alternate at times for an unused battle backdrop (for the one area of Woohoo Hooniversity).

Have a nice day.
I hope that you are all happy with the spritesheet that I have oploaded! I am working on another one, but it will probably take some time, since I am continuing with the editor again.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by:
Very happy. You've done wonderful work and you should be proud. Maybe one day we'll find stuff in M&L 2 and 3 Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Actually those GBA sprites were in the game. They were used to receive Bowletta's message. They're on this sheet on the overworld here: http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv...sheet/7448
But there's nothing wrong with having them here as well since everything is attached here.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
Oh yeah, you are right. Sorry about that (I only remember the purple one, but I was not paying attention when watching the cutscene).

I suppose I should try beating Fawful near the end of the game again to get past that part.

Also, I think that I have dug almost all of the non-glitchy sprites that are unused in this game. I still have a lot of research to do with the enemy sprites, but the ones that can go in the Key Items pocket... I might have found almost all of them.

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by:
I still can't see it, which is driving me nuts, can't wait to see it.
Thanked by:
Here it is:
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2861/...sprite.gif

I copied the link & deleted the ".th" (which is for thumbnail).
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Ah cool, thanks.

I'm wondering if that bug thing is a beta Fighter Fly.
Thanked by:
Yeah, sorry about the thumbnail link. Anyway, I have fixed it for good this time (I hope).

Either a beta sprite for Fighter Fly or a beta sprite for one of the other beta Goombas (Dummonster/Getme!).

It also seems like there are no overworld sprites for Pop, Mossy, or Paragoomba. Unfortunate, but oh well.

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by:
The woohoo university backgrounds looks kickass. 't would have been cool to have a battle there :c
Thanked by:
!

The "unused toy sprite" appears to be Fawful!
Thanked by:
Hm... It could be, but it looks a bit different? I will have to double check.

Yeah, in fact, that is one of my favourite backgrounds in the game, and it seems to be fully functional (no graphical glitches, and you can enter/leave it).

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by: