Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
World of Warcraft Sheet Critique.
First ever sprite sheet. Did my best. Let me know if it fits tsr's format. It's devided up because it won't let me put the full file in at once.
trying to put the full sheet in the post but i'm not smart enough Tongue

[Image: C:\Users\Rog\Desktop\Xurksprites.png]
try # 3 and then going to bed.

[Image: C:\Users\Rog\Desktop\Lazypeon1.png]

don't think it worked. trying again tomorrow.

***EDIT***

Uploaded them. They are posted down below. Thank you.
Thanked by:
go to www.imageshack.us
click on "browse...", find the images you want to show us and click OK
hit the "Start upload!" button as soon as you're ready
once the image was loaded, copy the URL that says "DIRECT LINK TO THE IMAGE" from the new page that will be displayed as soon as the image was uploaded
paste said URL between IMG tags like this
Code:
[IMG]www.urloftheimage.com[/IMG]
hit "preview post" and check if the images are displayed, if they are, then click on post.
Thanked by:
Taking screen captures of a 3d model isn't spriting.

Because 3D models can be seen under an infinite amount of angles and lighting representations, screen captures can not accurately record 'em. You're gonna have to do some of your own editing at the very least to get it as a sprite; or even better, rip textures and submit 'em to tSR.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: DioShiba
[Image: xurksprites.png]

There we go. Thank you very much for your help guys.
[Image: lp2.png]
Thanked by:
(11-22-2009, 03:54 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Taking screen captures of a 3d model isn't spriting.

Because 3D models can be seen under an infinite amount of angles and lighting representations, screen captures can not accurately record 'em. You're gonna have to do some of your own editing at the very least to get it as a sprite; or even better, rip textures and submit 'em to tSR.

this

Sorry to burst your bubble, but what you're doing isn't allowed on tSR because it's literally impossible to capture every possible frame of a 3D model.

Texture ripping is okay, but print screening a 3D model isn't; WoW doesn't have a fixed camera angle.

tl;dr This won't be accepted.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: DioShiba
hey I reckn that'd make a pretty good base to sprite over though.
Thanked by:
I do agree with that. If you did a bunch of 'naked' models this way, then did a bit of editing to make them less like screen captures and more like sprites (Lowering the colour count for one), it has the potential to be very useful.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Hey gang! Thank you for the constructive criticism! It really helps! Well I don't think any of the things you guys are talking about are in the rules for submitting sprites so I'll give it a try anyway! Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanked by:
uh
hahahahaa

yes they are

I don't intend to sound like a jerk, but this is the SPRITEr's resource, not the 3D MODELler's resource.
3D models are not sprites, and as previously stated, it's impossible to get every frame od a 3D model since there are an infinite amount of angles for each frame.

Edit- Rule number 7.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/submit/
Quote:7 - 3-D Models?

* ...Won't be accepted. With the exception of SNES 3-D SPRITES (Star Fox, for ex), it's IMPOSSIBLE to completely rip a 3-D Model. The thing with 3-D is there's almost infinty camera poses and distances for them, so no submitting 3-D Models from GCN, N64, PSX or whatever. However, you CAN submit the actual 2-D parts of the game (Ex: Mario's Health Bar on SM64.)
* And before someone tries the whole "Donkey Kong Country was 3-D!!!" excuse, it wasn't really 3-D. The sprites were pre-rendered, meaning they're actually sprites, just with a good number of frames/animations taken from poses made out of a 3D model. We do also accept texture rips.
...HOWEVER, this rule may be excepted, but only on certain conditions.

edit again-
and one of the "certain conditions" that Dazz is talking about means that it has a fixed camera angle. Since the camera in WoW isn't fixed and 3D models can be seen from different angles and distances, yours don't fall into that category. Sorry.
Thanked by:
The angles are finite, vuper.
[Image: 472_gliscor_1_m.png]
Thanked by:
Either way, it's still a 3D model.

You would have to get every angle for every zoom level for every frame.
That's an insane amount of frames for just one model, even if there are a limited amount of angles to see it from.

edit- If my math is correct, there are 129,600 possible angles per zoom level per frame on any given model.
Now let's assume a model has over 300 frames of animation.
That's 129,600 different angles for every individual frame, and that's only from one zoom level.
Zoom out a single pixel further, and you've just doubled the amount of possible frames.
Thanked by:
in other words, you're doing it wrong.
Thanked by:
(11-22-2009, 09:47 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Now let's assume a model has over 300 frames of animation.
There are only a bunch of animations in WoW that have less than 1000 frames of animation.
The walking animation, for example, has exactly 1066 frames of animation, one of the idling animations has 2333 frames...
There is a total of ~150 animations per character.

Just sayin'
[Image: 6SqMy.gif][Image: 6SqMy.gif]
« Ref »
« »
Thanked by:
Which was exactly my point.

Let's assume each model only has 150 animations, with 1066 frames for each.
If my math is correct, that would be exactly 20723040000 frames per model with every possible angle included.

But wait, we're forgetting zoom here.
Zoom in a single pixel, and that doubles the frame count to 41446080000 frames per model.

But since you can technically zoom out forever (as long s the model still can be seen on screen) then that makes an infinite number of possibilities.

Which is why 3D models aren't allowed unless they're at a fixed distance and angle.
Thanked by:
Someone should just rip the textures.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: