Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sanctuary Guardians
I made this single sprite about a week ago, just for fun.
[Image: titanicmofo.png]
I found this site, and its custom/edited section, and decided "Why not give it a try?".

Thus, you have this. I was originally planning on spriting all of the "Your Sanctuary" bosses, but I've been lazy with spriting lately(Thus, you should lock the thread, etc).
If I decide I'm making more, I will make another thread with all the others included.

PS: I'm no n00b to sprites, let me tell you. I've been at it for 5+ years, and I am known for my MegaMan Battle Network sprites, and requests.
Thanked by:
(11-17-2009, 11:32 AM)Zeblid Wrote: I made this single sprite about a week ago, just for fun.
[Image: titanicmofo.png]
I found this site, and its custom/edited section, and decided "Why not give it a try?".

Thus, you have this. I was originally planning on spriting all of the "Your Sanctuary" bosses, but I've been lazy with spriting lately(Thus, you should lock the thread, etc).
If I decide I'm making more, I will make another thread with all the others included.

PS: I'm no n00b to sprites, let me tell you. I've been at it for 5+ years, and I am known for my MegaMan Battle Network sprites, and requests.

well..
this belongs in sprite descussion
not sprite SUBMISSION
it's not a full sheet of anything, so it's not a rip of anything
nor is it a custom of any game (Zelda, Sonic, Etc)
so yah. you don't see random ant sprites in custom/edited on the site do you?
Thanked by:
It's from Earthbound. It's well done. The only problem is that it's only one sprite.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Okay, let me get this straight:

Sprite Submission forum is for custom/edited sheets.
Sprite Discussion forum is for custom/edited single sprites.

In other words, you aren't allowed to submit single sprites to the custom/edited section.
Alright then. Well, now I know, I guess.
Thanked by:
Well yes and no.

Sprite Submission is for complete works of high quality to be submitted to the site.
Sprite Discussion is for incomplete works or complete works that need critique and discussion so they can be improved.

The trick is in the name, people.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
If you were to say, make animations for Titanic Ant, or make all the other Your Sanctuary bosses or make enemies to go with it, then it would be a sheet. Once the people here comment on it and you improve it (if it needs improving) then it'll be good to put on the site. From that example, I don't think it should be too hard for you to get something up eventually.
Thanked by:
Well, thanks. I guess I could try to whip up the other Sanctuary bosses, then.
This one only took me 1-2 hours, so I'll see what I can do.
Thanked by:
Well, I whipped up four more since my last post.
[Image: sanctuaryguardians.png]
I'm not -particularly- proud of the shading on the fur of Mondo Mole and Plague Rat of Doom, but... Oh well.

Regardless, tell me what you think.

PS: Can anyone tell me what those things sticking out on the Plague Rat of Doom's back are supposed to be?
Also, Shroom seems sort of plain to me. Any suggestions on what I could add?
Thanked by:
It's a patch of mould, I'd say. This is looking good so far, keep it up!
Thanked by:
Yeah, it's probably supposed to signify that it has the plague. Tongue As for Shooom! (Is that how they spell it?) maybe you could add the mini mushrooms at his feet? I never noticed how boring his design is. Tongue These are looking great. Just the hard ones left, haha.
Thanked by:
The only one that should be difficult is Diamond Dog. I have yet to figure out how I will sprite that.
Thunder and Storm should be fun to do. Electro Specter will be a good challenge.
And I'm fairly good with fire, so Carbon Dog should turn out good also.

Also, yes, it is "Shrooom!" with three o's.

PS: I love your avatar, Tonberry. I remember all of those characters. You sprited it, I presume?
GrooveMan, your avatar is pretty neat, too. Did you sprite it?
Thanked by:
Haha, yeah I sprited it. Thanks. Smile
Good luck! I love your style and you're doing a great job so far.
Thanked by:
No, my avatar is taken from Puyo Pop Fever. I sprite, but very infrequently.
Thanked by:
Woah these are great. The ant looks the most improved to me, maybe because it has a slightly different design while still being recognisable.
Thanked by:
Necro post!! (with good reason, of course)

I'm -finally- done all of them. I can now move on to other sprites... And actually, I've decided to not have these PD. >__>

[Image: sanctuaryguardians.png]

Tell me what you think.
Thanked by: