Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga beta sprites
Hello! I have recently made the first spritesheet with some unused Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga sprites. Please note that the colour might be off on some of them, although I have tried to correct as many of the colours as I could find.

salanewt

[Image: marioandluigibetasprite.gif]

I shall list what you can find here:

Fox
Excite Bike Racer
Captail Olimar
Samus
Wario
Link
beta Lady Lima (probably)
Cloaked person
Yellow Coin
Red Coin
Blue Coin
7 coloured Beanfruits + eggs
Crab
Raised Bill Blaster
Golden Bullet Bill

Please note that I will probably work on another spritesheet soon.

Have a nice day.
You're like a sprite Mythbuster

Heart
Thanked by:
YESSSSS

THESE ARE AMAZING
Thanked by:
Were those crabs not in the background of the Hermie III battle every now and then?
Currently ripping ???, Submissions: 37
Ref 1 - Ref 2 - Human Ref + Ref 3
Thanked by:
Awesome!
I remember reading the story behind these cameos, and wondered why they were cut and if the sprites were still located in the game somewhere.
Did you have to dig through any graphics files, or were they fully functioning in the beta?
Thanked by:
Thanks. In the next spritesheet, there are beta map sprites for a character that does not seem to have any battle sprites. There is also a strange "Mario" label with a star on the end. This is odd, because there is not a Luigi" label to go with it.

Thanks, glad you like them. A second sheet is probably going ot be ready for tomorrow.

Yes, I think those are the same crabs, but that animation is like the idle animation of every other enemy (so the crabs have more than just a walking animation).

Some sprites are functioning, others are not. I had to switch sprites in the Key Items part of my inventory to get them (except for Golden Bullet Bill, which I could only see by switching enemy sprites). As for switching either Mario or Luigi to control them... beta Lady Lima and Captain Olimar seemed to partially work (a bit glitchy though) when replacing either Mario or Luigi. You can control almost every sprite. Some are perfect, and you can activate scripts properly, etc. Others prevent you from leaving the room.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by:
Man I can't believe these sprites exsisted.

I wonder if theres anything in M&LPIT and BIS

also I predict someone is going to edit these sprites and add more poses.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Yeah, it is a shame that few of these characters came with all four-direction poses.

Also, I am not planning on modifying this spritesheet anymore. However, I am working on a second one, which has another mini-spritesheet of a sprite, a possible beta key item (looks like a certificate with a ribbon on it), and a strange label.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by:
Wonderful! Terrific job! I hope we see more of you.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Thanks. Don't worry, you probably will, since I am making a second spritesheet right now, and perhaps more in the future.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by:
Excellent job reaching this goal! Now you did say there were Paragoomba's, right? Except with just the idle?
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
Sweetness.
[Image: ra2mvm.png]
I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!!
Thanked by:
Yep. Paragoomba has an idle sprite, and can also fly towards Mario or Luigi... However, he can;t get too close without the game restarting (I have not fixed this yet). Luckily, both Pop and Mossy Goomba have been fixed. I suppose I will work on getting those sprites for the second spritesheet.

Have a nice day.
Thanked by:
Wait a minute. I just noticed that the image here is saved as a jpg. It should be saved as a PNG just so you know.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
Wait? It is a JPEG? Oh dear, I am so sorry, I thought it was a .gif. Oh well, I will just upload the GIF version.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Fixed. The problem was that the website that I was using seems to convert images to JPEG for some reason. I find it even stranger that they leave backgrounds transparent sometimes, if the original upload file was transparent.

Edit 2: PNG, huh? Yeah, that works. However, I quickly browsed through the rules section, and GIF is fine too, right?

Edit 3: Oh, I forgot to mention... There might be one or two sprites missing from Samus' teleporting animation, as well as from the raised Bill Blaster. However, the Bill Blaster should be easy to fix, since all you have to do is to get regular Bill Blaster's sprites, and replace their support stands with the raised version. The only reason why there might be sprites missing (although very few, I made sure of this) is because some of these animations are incredibly fast.
Thanked by: