Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Two things I've been wondering about...
1. Character idles.
Will the idle animations be strictly from Brawl, will there be the Brawl ones plus some new ones, or will they all be remade?

2. Character voices.
Should characters have voice acting (grunts, yells) or should everyone be mute? Having voices for the Brawl cast wouldn't be hard but...newcomers...
Thanked by:
well some newcomers would be easy (marina, joe, mac?) but others might have more problems
Thanked by:
Yes... Some like Isaac, Ray, Masked Man or Porky might be so difficult, I think.
Thanked by:
Well if there'll be voices, there could just be an audition thread on VAC or something.
Thanked by:
I say go with Brawl clips as much as possible although if this happens we should make sure to include the Japanese voices as well. I can provide a bunch of clips from both versions.

As for newcomers, we should just have people try out for them or use the ones from their respective games if possible.
Thanked by:
Yeah, Brawl clips will be for most of them. We ca borrow sound effects from other games for other characters. We WILL need to cast someone as the announcer though. Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
The Announcer will be like Brawl's announcer or like a different voice?
Thanked by:
It can be different. Just has to be good and "announcer-y."
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
We'll probably have to find a different announcer since we're using some characters that weren't in SSBB. Of course, we could go with the Brawl announcer if we never have him say the character names.
Thanked by:
That wouldn't feel right, especially with Super Smash Bros. since every game has had the announcer say the characters name when needed to. I'm opting for new voice, but as Ton said, has to be "announcer-y."
Thanked by:
And we have to make sure he accents the wrong syllables or says the names in a peculiar fashion, to continue the tradition. ("Mr. GAME... and Watch.", "Pi-KA-chu", "Ice CLIM-bers"... All right, maybe that was just the Melee announcer.)

Also, will there be a cheering crowd/gasps/etc. in this game? I only say that because there's also been cheering and such since the beginning of the series.
Currently ripping ???, Submissions: 37
Ref 1 - Ref 2 - Human Ref + Ref 3
Thanked by:
In Brawl the announcer said "MR. GAME AND WATCH" very fast. I liked it better in Melee, though.
Thanked by:
(11-15-2009, 05:03 AM)MarcelloF Wrote: In Brawl the announcer said "MR. GAME AND WATCH" very fast. I liked it better in Melee, though.

In spanish is worse than english. The announcer said "Mr. Game and Wash" lol xD

I would like the announcer said the names correctly...
Thanked by:
VAA would be a really good place to hold auditions for any voices we'd need.
Thanked by:
apparently the voice actor for serious sam is doing voice work for a dollar per word
Thanked by: