Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Regarding Spambots...
I've gone through the Admin CP and I've permanently banned 4 different IP ranges that those spambots have used (the most recent IP had over 50 registrations!), and deleted all of the ones that never posted so that our Ban Log won't be more clogged up with "Spambot" bans than it is already.

SO. I can't guarantee that this will stop them from registering forever, but I can at least say that the influx of spambots that we've been having recently will stop, since their primary IP has been taken care of. If any of you happen to see another spambot (since I haven't had much time to read every post), send me a PM and I'll deal with it.

...Oh, and it's not hard to see who's a spambot and who's not. Check their signature. Every spambot that had joined within the past few months had "r4" something-or-other there.
Thanked by:
Should we set up a question that prevents spambots from answering? Like, something most members would be able to get, but something that's not real couldn't?
Thanked by:
(11-14-2009, 03:02 PM)Dex Wrote: Should we set up a question that prevents spambots from answering? Like, something most members would be able to get, but something that's not real couldn't?
That would probably be a good idea.
Thanked by:
I wonder if you guys could use a random colored font in the registration process and ask the new users to ignore the questions and just type the color of said font.
Thanked by: