Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PokeFighting MM2D Game
Trying a new style, partially inspired by one of Baegal's sprite and only a smidge of 1Up's. Mostly for A MM2D game Im trying to develop. I think I figured out a way to code the multiplayer, and I need to work on pretty much a fighting system, roster, and roster moves.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3068]
C+C?[

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
I like the style. Never saw Baegal's sprites, but they look good. A couple issues though:
Sizes. Nuzleaf is a little smaller than that, sableye is a surprisingly small pokemon, graveler should be bigger. Ditto and Zangoose are right on. And now I'll crit each pokemon individually.
Zangoose: 1 ear is taller than the other, so even them out. HIS left arm bulges too far from his body in proportion to the thinness of the other one. The legs are really unfitting on him. The legs is general on them has GOT to be 1up's influence.Try messing with shapes a bit to get it right.
Nuzleaf: Well, it's too big, disproportionate, and blocky. It's the weak link of the lineup. I recommend just trying again. Keep the direction everyone is facing in mind too next time.
Sableye: Needs moar poltergeist smile. Eyes are a little too, um, something. Not quite sure. Shift to all-black legs is also rather abrupt. 1up appears prevalent here, with the legs AND the super-skinny body vs. the big head. Look at having thin arms that widen into clawed hands. If possible, get pictures of him from Battle Revolution(this'll help with sizes too).
Graveler: BIGGER. He needs his size multiplied by at LEAST 1.5x. This'll give you more room to get all the fiddly bits on too.
Ditto: Prefect. DO NOT CHANGE. Even the face is very Ditto feeling.

Good luck with these, can't wait to see the redoes and/or next stage.
[Image: Altered_photo1_sig.png]
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by:
I've yet to mess with Graveler. Before I was intending to make him a smaller Pokemon, which is why his size was what it is. Im fizing to make him bigger though.

I fixed Zangoose some, evened his ears, changed his legs.

I totally redid Nuzleaf. He was actually the first one I had did, so that's why he was bigger than the rest. I followed you crits Ego, making him smaller and what not. A, a more relaxed stance like the others seem to have, or B, the usual fighter stance?

I've never seen Sableye having a smile during the games, only anime, so I may save a smile or something for a taunt/win. I've kind of made his arms into needle type deals similar to the arms. I'm going to do that to certain other's arms as well, either leaving their legs normal, or doing both legs and arms like that.

Ego, also can you explain to me what you meant when you were critting Sableye's size? Were you saying he was too small or too large?

More C+C
Thanked by:
if you're going to make them in a sidescrolling point of view, be sure to keep them in that point of view. ditto can't stand floating in the air.
Thanked by:
SO does Ditto look any better, or is his bottom too flat?
Thanked by:
i actually really like these so far. nice job
Thanked by:
Redid Graveler, he seems a bit off though....

C+C appreciated though Cute
Thanked by:
Zangoose needs to be much chubbier in the waist area.
Make his arms more curved, have his big fluffyity-bushity tail curveing behind him.
[Image: garrybeusymonsters.gif]
Thanked by:
well I'll just comment on Sableye cause he has the most things I can criticise. his chin is suppose to be pointed not flat, his eyes are too close together, I think his right (our left) ear could be a little more to the side of his head, his body sort of looks a little like to tried to make it hunched but did it weirdly like if you want to make him more hunched just attach the end of his neck to the back of his head and have his shoulders pretty much at the bottom sides of his head, well you already said you'd work on the arms so I guess I don't have to comment on that and lastly I think it'd be nice to put that line going down the middle of his face. so yeah I hope that helped, sorry if I sounded like a jerk.
Thanked by:
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT.
Zangoose: What Jesus lizard said. Anything I would have said would have been the same, but wordier.
Nuzleaf: Something's up here, but I'm not quite sure yet. Definitely better than the other one though. I'll get back to you later.
Sableye: Too tall. Sableye's height is just over 1 foot, compared to Zangoose's 4 feet. And with the smile thing, he actually has it lot in Battle Revolution and wears it in the official art(EDIT: I could have SWORN it was in the official art. Idiot me.), the two places I was thinking of him. Plus in my mind, it's just a part of his character to have the REALLY mischievous smile. I also agree with almost all of what Keiyos said, although I disagree about the line on the face. I personally think that should be left to the shading(although it will have to be obvious), because it isn't really a hard line.
Graveler: His face is looking left but the arms and legs are placed as if he were facing the viewer(aka they're mirrored). Graveler also isn't a perfect circle, he's all jagged and stuff. Also, smaller arms are still missing.
Ditto: Yeah, now that he's perspective-matched, great.

Something I came across here is that it sounds like your primary reference is the game sprites. Check everywhere; official art, game sprites, spinoff game sprites, anime, and, surprisingly, the cards. Pokemon cards frequently have some of the best art in the series. For example, HERE:
Link
has pictures of all the sableye cards. Just search whatever pokemon you need at the top of the screen, and you'll get the pictures you want.

It's imrpoving. Good luck on the next revision.
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by:
Ditto has blobs as arms. I would also move his eyes down a pixel. And he's almost always smiling. Try to make his mouth not be a straight line.
Thanked by:
Well, I always figured that Ditto could retract the blob arms, I mean, he's a pink wad of gum. Maybe the arms would be good. Not quite sure what I think of that yet.
The eyes, well, yeah. Maybe a pixel down WOULD be better, but show us both for comparison. And after looking at actual refs for the mouth, Wes is absolutely right.
Thanked by:
i owuld like to see some shading before asking for more coments.
Thanked by:
Kinda weird choices the Hitmons better be there.

Thanked by:
Sorry for not posting anything yet, Im still trying to finish Gravler. Well Metaru, Im wanting to get the line arts and general pose for each character before I start to fill in the lines and colour and shade. And don't worry Koopaul, they will. Most likely as a three in one character but still. And if y'all have any roster ideas, and additions, subtractions, or replacements, feel free to add in...

Oh and next is Blaziken....
Thanked by: