Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario Chaos
Thumbs Down 
This is my new mario fangame in the one you need to collect 150 powerstars to protect the mushroom kingdom from bowser's attack!

SCREENSHOTS (Don't pay attention to the missing part in the fourth one Tongue)
[Image: 3582rm8.png]

GAMEPLAY: There are 3 stars in each level and they are given by doing one of these missions

1.- Clear the Level
2.- Find and get all the 20 Red Coins
3.- Find the hidden Yoshi Egg

NOTE: You need to repeat the level to get another powerstar

RELEASES: There isn't a demo actually, but i'm goin' to post one soon so be patient

GAMEPLAY VIDEO (Test Engine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3iYTZZejQ

~~DeeY~~
[Image: Vb8vjwW.png][Image: uIrDfRP.png][Image: Jd3PZ8y.png][Image: BvmA5Pf.png][Image: 6L4ceD0.png][Image: LAKfOPp.png][Image: 10CGjip.png][Image: gEIdmj2.png]
Thanked by:
I'm going to be honest, on one hand this seems like a decent idea turning 3D Mario game into 2D, but on the other hand I'm kind of cringing because of the way it's being handled so far.

One of the major problems I do seem to be seeing is the lack of variety in ways on how to get stars, There could be other objectives that aren't necessarily just red coins and eggs, you could look into the possibility of adding objectives that involve locating and defeating a certain enemy/boss character, or do something/challenge a friendly character to a challenge to get a star like in the other 3D games. Don't forget you can also add a few other idea's that still fit in, you don't necessarily want the game to be completely repetitive.

Another problem I seem to be looking at is some of the minor graphic mixing that is showing. I could recommend trying to keep it all in one style, otherwise it does make the game look pretty lazily made. This is a common issue with a majority of fan games, and it could look a tad nicer in one style that isn't completely overused *coughSMB3cough*. I'm sure you can find a decent style to add with a bit of lurking around.

Don't get me wrong, this game does show potential. The engine itself looks solid, and as long as you are willing to accept advice from others, I can see this becoming a pretty huge success. Otherwise this is just going to become another average game that can be found anywhere on MFGG. And I don't necessarily believe you as a completely bad developer.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
sweet but why is the tile is missing?
Thanked by: