Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Palette
So, I started working on a palette. So far, I've gathered some colors from the existing sprites and made a basic palette.
[Image: tempn.tif]
The characters on the top line have not had any colors changed. The characters on the second line have had a few colors changed here and there, either in an attempt to fix color fade, or to remove redundant color variants... Also the palette to the left was ripped from those sprites. If your sprite is not on here, that's because I haven't finished with it yet.

So yeah, I think I'll need some help with this. I'm not exactly sure what to do next...
Thanked by:
I updated Jr. just to let you know, his top-part of the head is a different shade, and also his lower part, so yeah...
Thanked by:
The one on here is actually using Marina's green, and the reds on the scarf were changed to pinks from Kirby. Actually, all the colors except the whites were changed to colors that are already in other sprites.

BTW, if you really want the colors you used on the scarf to be the ones you were using already, I can add them to the palette...
Thanked by:
I think Luigi still should have a darker pallete for the green, stands out too much :l
I like bowser's new colors much more, though
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
So, do you mean Luigi should use Marina's green, instead of Yoshi's green? Or should he have his own green?
Thanked by:
I think Luigi's and Yoshi's paler green are fine. If someone wants to try Marina's green on him, that'd be cool.
Do Marina and Little Mac use the same green?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(10-29-2009, 03:23 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Do Marina and Little Mac use the same green?
Yes, they do.
Thanked by:
No, I just think it should be a little darker, or less intense. It takes away from the rest of him.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
I don't see the point in trying to establish a global palette for this style. If we went an shoehorned all of the characters into a global palette, then we would be kinda taking away from the style. I personally feel that if we have a palette, it should be a guide for people working on the sprites, but not something set in stone for the most part. People could then grab some colors, and then adjust them so that they most suit the character.
Thanked by: Ton
Okay, I'm officially confused now...
Thanked by:
(10-29-2009, 04:42 PM)Ekoi Wrote: I don't see the point in trying to establish a global palette for this style. If we went an shoehorned all of the characters into a global palette, then we would be kinda taking away from the style. I personally feel that if we have a palette, it should be a guide for people working on the sprites, but not something set in stone for the most part. People could then grab some colors, and then adjust them so that they most suit the character.
This doesn't make any sense.

A global palette makes everybody's lives easier because they don't have to be forced to make their own shitty palettes that will eventually be looked down upon unless they're actually good at making their own palette, which isn't a lot of people involved in this project.
Thanked by:
We could always just make the sprites and then conform the colors to the palette we want to use.
Thanked by:
...Isn't that what the palette is for?
Thanked by:
Well. Yes. But how are we going to determine it? We're using Bowser's M&L3 palette and I think people have adapted that into the "official" palette, so what should we do?
Thanked by:
He doesn't need to use the ML3 palette, that can easily be changed. And then that palette will be changed from everybody else and thus, the end result will be better. I'm not a fan of Bowser's body colors right now, anyway.
Thanked by: