Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Great Gaming Mysteries
This here be a topic I started back at Pixeltendo. Talk about glitches, plotholes, weird stuff in the manuals and other stuff like that. But I was aiming for odd little trivial things you have noticed more or less. There were a few things I personally wanted to cover that I didn't on the old forum, but let's see what you people of the world have got.
Thanked by:
It's a mystery what the rest of diglett's body looks like.

(In before Diglett penis picture)
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Swap 'n' Shop EDIT: Is that right? I can't remember anymore...

Knowing Rare (or not, beause I don't really care about them anymore), they won't do anything about in that 'build-stuff-and-not-need-to-walk-anymore' Banjo-Kazooie game. If they did, it'd probably be 'lolz new parts to build new stuff'.
Thanked by:
The first game which featured Mario was Donkey Kong; he was called Jumpman in the game's manual.
Donkey Kong's original name was Monkey Kong, but it was changed for unknown (at least I don't know) reasons.
Michael Jackson, who was ekmployed by Sega before the scandals broke out, originally composed much of Sonic 3's soundtrack.
Super Mario Brothers 2 (not Lost Levels, the true sequel to SMB1) was actually Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic with mario sprites, hence the unusual game mechanics.
Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
~Michelangelo

[Image: 3xzb5z]
Thanked by:
Stop n' Swop, actually. Judging by what's in Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Banjo-Pilot, Rare loves messing with the people who still want to know the remaining mysteries.

-In DK64, K.Rool oddly has an extra toe during Tiny's part of the battle, probably for the sake of giving that portion of the fight four parts instead of three (to match the other Kongs' rounds).
Thanked by:
This is probably known already, but in Brawl, you can see a picture of Sakurai's cat in the ice house in the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
In the Age of Empires stradegy guide, it talks about a few things that weren't in the final version. One of the most notable exaples was in the 3rd Egyptain mission it talks about the Libyans have numerous scouts and villagers, some gaurding the discoveries. In the game itself, there is only one Lybian scout, and he dosen't do much of anything.

Also, there was this obscure Sega Genesis game based on Spider-man: the animated series, which had similar problems. The game manual mentioned a boss who was nowhere in the game, and the game itself had two or three bosses who weren't in the game manual. Also, the manual talked about bosses showing up in levels that they didn't, and two levels that switched places. Also, in the sewer levels there's these Fantastic Four powerups you can collect, but they seemed messed up. Like, the power up that leads to an invisible woman cameo, is orange and rocky, suggesting its Thing instead.
Thanked by:
What boss did the manual mention that wasn't in it?
Thanked by:
deathbringer Wrote:What boss did the manual mention that wasn't in it?

Something called the "TriSpiderslayer" a combonation of three robots built by Alistar Smythe (Black widow, Tarantula, Scorpion) None of them were in the game. I did see a giant spider in a hard to reach part of the construction zone, but it looked organic, not robotic.
Thanked by:
If you can find a screenshot I could tell you if it is it or something else.
Thanked by:
in Pokemon Red and Blue, there's a hotel that you cant stay in because they dont allow pokemon. if you go to the upper right hand corner of the room, there's an invisible PC
This is my grandson. You two have been rivals since you were babies. ...What's his name again?
Oh yeah, Gary. Sorry, my memory hasn't been the same since I got addicted to Crystal Meth.
Thanked by:
Speaking of Poke'mon, there was a duplication glitch for G/S/C. I could discuss it, but I don't feel like it atm.
Also, though the game wasn't that great, Megaman 64 had this awesome glitch, or programming error. Or maybe it's just my cart. But, if you played that one game where you kick a dog's balls balls at a dog, no matter how good or shitty you did, you always got this large amount of money, with an E in front of it, meaning it was more money than you could actually hold, thus giving you the max amount of money. But if you tried to view the hi-scores for that game, the game would freeze. Also, there was some racing game I never got to play.
Thanked by:
One of the versions of a Shinobi game features boss battles against Spiderman and Batman.
Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
~Michelangelo

[Image: 3xzb5z]
Thanked by:
Well, here's another thing I wantedto cover. There's a notoriously bad NES game called Menace Beach, which was somewhat infamous for a certain something. If you've never heard of the game, this place will tell you evrything you'll need to know about it and its crappy christian counter-part.

Anyway, the question here, is: why did they do it? The cutscenes seemed a little out of place since the rest of the game's content seems rather childish. Plus, the girlfriend's appearance dosn't match what she looked like in the cutscenes. So what, did the makers of the game suddenly realize they made a bad game, and thought of doing it at the last minute?
Thanked by:
in MK:A if you are Sub-Zero and use your ice ball move to ice the other player and then use your ice piller move to ice the player in the air you will ice your self and the other player will be free
punch frist don't even bother with questions
Thanked by: