Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lycoris
Project Lycoris:

-Anyway I've switched the name. The name was originally going to be Twilight but since so many things were already named Twilight I changed the name to something that means Twilight in ether Greek or Latin I forget.

-Anyway it is about this 17 year old boy named Einly (N-ly) who has this odd dream and wakes up with a giant wound in his chest area and a key in his hand. He goes to the hospital only for a few days because the wound heals up so much more quickly then it should but the doctors let were still kinda confused and wanted to preform tests on him but since he is a Minor they have to ask his mom and she refuses to let them.

The first day he wakes up again in his own bed he discovers that he can't open his closet door for whatever reason. Frustrated he goes into his mom's room and steals some of his dead dad's clothing. The pants fit perfectly however the turtleneck sweater is quite long on him. Unrolled the neck goes up to his eyes the end of the sleeves reaches to just under the knees and the torso part reaches down to mid thigh. His mom goes to find him and sees him in his dad's clothing and explains that she was glad that she didn't lose her son in the same way she lost her husband.

He walks to the bus stop and waits for the bus to bring him to school. He gets to school and meets up with his friends Walter who is 17 and very pessimistic and wears emo style clothing and Holly who is 16 and is very hyper and is like McGyver with her ideas and wears loose fitting pants with male T-shirts. While in school he gets called down to the office where there is a doctor from the hospital that he went to there to ask him questions about how he thought he got the wound. Einly then remembers his dream but decides not to tell the doctor and lies saying that he didn't have a clue. The doctor knows something is up but he leaves for now. He goes back to class and thinks about that for part of the class then asks to go to the nurse. He bullshits the nurse into letting him leave early so his mom picks him up and brings him home.

He realizes that maybe the key he had taken away from the thing in his dream goes to the closet. It found it on top of his dresser. His mom had put it there before the ambulance arrived so that way it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. He takes it and puts it into the closet door which is nothing but the color black with some swirl of color in there like red and blue he steps through and continues to walk until he gets to the other side. It leads out through a door in a tree. He is in the middle of this forest that was also in his dream. However in his dream it was durring the night. Now it seemed to be day time. He wondered around and saw the same field that was also in his dream but decided not to go that way because thats were he got hurt.

So he moves east until he sees this girl named Lunyka cutting down a tree with this sword that looked like it was made purely of fire and it was. They talk and she becomes friendly with him and takes him to the village called Lycoris. They have a festival called the Twilight Festival every dusk. Twilight is known as the time of day were you can see the moon and the sun at the same time. It happens durring Dawn and dusk hours and they celebrate it by everyone gathering around a large fire outside to eat dinner and dance and enjoy the rest of the night. Lunyka had cut down the tree for the month's fire.

Lunyka has some odd powers. She can control the elements of nature. When she cuts down a tree she cuts off the ranches from the tree and gives the branches roots and plants them around the forest to keep the forest from dieing out. The village lets him celebrate it with them and Lunyka tells him to be careful on who knows about the portal. Then along comes the Village idiot. He doesn't have a real known name but everyone calls him Duck man. Everything he wears has a duck print on it and he has no hair on the top of his head but he had blond hair on the sides of his head. On the top of his head he has a tattoo of the letter 'D' in the color yellow. He is mentally insane but a genius. He has made himself a gun that can shoot out an infinite amount of rubber ducks.

Their celebration is cut short with some of the police from the Palace City (They are governed by a Dictator who lives in a palace which is surrounded by a city) looking for The boy who lives in another world. Lunyka hides Einly in a hole in the ground so the police can't find him and when they leave she gets him out of the hole and she waits a few hours later before helping him get back home for now. They are looking for him so that way they can take over his world too with his help.

That is the basic storyline for now. Any ideas you want to throw at me?
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
So this story deals with the conflicts within society and the mystery of Einly and his bizarre origins and the origins of acquaintances and foes of him?

If you do plan on having this written/produced, you really need a firm plot that is easily understood by the masses and can be picked up very quickly with little effort. The comics can be random, however they need to keep the core structure of a plot. Right now I really don't understand the actual plot. Above is my assumption of what I have obtained from this.

Another thing, just for a word of advice. Stay away from Clichès, they do no favors to anyone. Right now you don't have too many... but the Mentally unstable Genius is the big one that kinda pops out... just make sure to make him original (though rubber duck cannon is rather ..... original).....

It has potential to be an insane Comic with humor up the asshole. Just make sure you keep a plot together.
[Image: yeaaaa.png]
Thanked by:
The plot is basically Him overthrowing the dictator before he can get into Einly's world. Or him at least trying to anyway.... I should have mentioned that somewhere.

Anyway it is supposed to have it's funny moments and it takes place in school, At home, and in this other demention.

Also Duck man is as original as I could make him. He doesn't show his smarts except when it comes for things to himself. Even then that happens off the scenes. You never learn the origin of the Duck gun. However another thing to add about him is that he things he is a superhero. He has a towel with a duck pattern tied around his neck as his cape.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
Lycoris? Twilight? Someone's been reading the .Hack// light novels. Cute
Thanked by:
I actually haven't gotten to them yet. Twilight comes from my favorite time of day and Lycoris being my favorite flower also means twilight. All of which I've learned what they are through some .hack series or another. Except for what Twilight it. I already knew that Cute

Update: Character Relations!

Einly's mom
Einly-Siblings-Twins: ??? & ??? (Both boys)
Friends Holly&Walter/Lunyka&Duckman
Lunyka Takes care of the village kids for the most part. She adopted an orphan girl named Kat.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
when ever I hear a story like this, I always expect there to be this one dark character, who doesn't realy say much, but when he does say something, it has a deep dark meaning and usually... puts down the human races, such as "like moths to flame, the humans head blindly towards their own end, such is the nature of these repulsive beasts," though he is human himself...

idk why I get that feeling, but anyways, the plot to start off with is pretty hard to get ahold of, and to actualy get to what seems like the main plot seems to take so long
There is nothing to understand, that's why nothing understands it
Thanked by:
Sho_"Rocker"_Daisuke Wrote:when ever I hear a story like this, I always expect there to be this one dark character, who doesn't realy say much, but when he does say something, it has a deep dark meaning and usually... puts down the human races, such as "like moths to flame, the humans head blindly towards their own end, such is the nature of these repulsive beasts," though he is human himself...
That would be Einly's friend Walter. He can't ever find the good in anything ever. You get your dark character I guess however he says that about more things then just humans. He says that about anything he lays his eye upon.

Sho_"Rocker"_Daisuke Wrote:idk why I get that feeling, but anyways, the plot to start off with is pretty hard to get ahold of, and to actualy get to what seems like the main plot seems to take so long
Yes it does seem that way but it might look better in picture form. What I'm mostly describing is the pictures that tell the tale. It will be a comic mind you. So I guess when your looking at the the story won't take as long to get to as it does to read. Unless you really like to inspect the pictures that is.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
Lunyka Wrote:
Sho_"Rocker"_Daisuke Wrote:when ever I hear a story like this, I always expect there to be this one dark character, who doesn't realy say much, but when he does say something, it has a deep dark meaning and usually... puts down the human races, such as "like moths to flame, the humans head blindly towards their own end, such is the nature of these repulsive beasts," though he is human himself...
That would be Einly's friend Walter. He can't ever find the good in anything ever. You get your dark character I guess however he says that about more things then just humans. He says that about anything he lays his eye upon.

I just said that I always seem to picture a character like that in a story like this, but anyways, I'm interested in reading what this character says and how he acts

Lunyka Wrote:
Sho_"Rocker"_Daisuke Wrote:idk why I get that feeling, but anyways, the plot to start off with is pretty hard to get ahold of, and to actualy get to what seems like the main plot seems to take so long
Yes it does seem that way but it might look better in picture form. What I'm mostly describing is the pictures that tell the tale. It will be a comic mind you. So I guess when your looking at the the story won't take as long to get to as it does to read. Unless you really like to inspect the pictures that is.

true, so I might as well see what the comic would be like, but while I was reading this I kind of tried to picture this in comic form, and yet it still seemed to be a little too long than necissary, of course my mind isn't your average 14 year old mind
There is nothing to understand, that's why nothing understands it
Thanked by:
It does seem a bit long however it is very important to the story. I'll just have to see how it comes out in drawn form. If it seems long I might cut it a bit.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
Updates!:
New name- The Azure Lycoris
Cover Idea- Einly holding a dark blue Lycoris flower
New character- Ryu Kelly. A blind white haired young man. His powers are unknown. He seems kinda and gentle. His eyes are swirled blue and white to show as if they where damaged. He is multi-lingual and lives in Einly's world as a teacher but it seems as if he has a connection to that other world. (He goes by Mr. Kelly more then Ryu)

Side Story-
Lunyka and duckman escape into Einly's world after he forgot to lock the closet door to keep them from entering. They are looking around for Einly however the bump into Ryu first and he seems surprised recognizing them by the way they smell. (Duckman always smells of ducks.) Lunyka seems a bit surprised too and hurries and run off and Ryu starts looking for them. Eventyallu they run into a vice principal and they ask for Einly and since they aren't supposed to be in the school they get him into some rather bad trouble however Ryu gets them all out of it.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
Updates:
Character Profiling done for Lunyka, Duckman, and Einly.
Re-named back to Lycoris.
I've done some world building.
Lunyka and Ryu are village leaders.
Ryu is Lunyka's firend and they have been since childhood.
Ryu's Blind because the dictator punished him by injecting bleach into his eyes from playing a prank on him. They story goes is that both Ryu and Lunyka want to change the world. They very much disagree with the dictator and they decide to play a prank on him. Both Lunyka and Ryu go up behind him and flash a great light in his eyes blinding him for a few days. When both were caught for questioning Ryu was the first to talk and said that he worked alone so he got the full punishment for it so his eyes became permanently stained with white areas in his blue eyes.

There are 14 Villages in all. Azure, Vermilion, Gamboge, Taupe, Zinnwaldite, Ecru, Chartreuse, Feldgrau, Alizarin, Amaranth, Heliotrope, Magnolia, Cyan, and Ultramarine. They all have a garden of Lycoris flowers that is the color of the village name. Azure and Vermilion can both be found in the Azumilion Forest, Gamboge and Taupe can both be found in the Gampe Tundra, Zinnwaldite is in the Zinnwaldite Desert, Ecru and Chartreuse can be found in the Chartru Plains, Feldgrau can be found in the Feldgrau field, Alizarin can be found in the Alizarin Volcano, Amaranth and Heliotrope Can be found in the Amaratrope Mountain Range, Magnolia is found in the Magnolia Islands, and Cyan and Ultramarine are found in the Ultracyan Ocean.

Yes there are villages that live in the ocean. Meaning just about any creature imaginable live in this land.
The places where the villages are were named after the village.

Einly's school is the Ravelton High School.
His Teachers are:
Math- Mr. Kellion
English- Mr. Mokey
Science- Mrs. Pancakes
History- Mrs. Custy
His teachers are actually based off of a few of my teachers. I just edited the last name and the looks. 3 of my favorite teachers and one that I absolutely hate. And yes he does have teachers because this takes place in the school too.

I decided against Einly having siblings.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by: