Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zelda StalChild Sprites
Smile 
Hello all, I have made this StalChild sprite-set, which I hope will bring use to some people.

[Image: slatchild.png]

[Image: stalchild.gif]

[Image: stalchildup.gif]

[Image: dfg.png]

I have have made loads of sprites before MC Style, like Skull Kid.

Alex Plunkett

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
JPEG is bad!
Looks good, but you should save as PNG.
Thanked by:
(10-16-2009, 04:39 PM)Radman Wrote: JPEG is bad!
Looks good, but you should save as PNG.

Yes I did, thanks!
Thanked by:
Not gonna view it until you post it in image tags.

there's really no need for posting in attachments
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
While it's got promise, it's not very complete. Only walking frames, and only downwards walking frames. It feels like a very obvious edit of Link, too. =/

Moved to Sprite Discussion for tweaking.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
(10-17-2009, 02:21 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: While it's got promise, it's not very complete. Only walking frames, and only downwards walking frames. It feels like a very obvious edit of Link, too. =/

Moved to Sprite Discussion for tweaking.

Well it's certainly not an edit of link. I had to stare at Minish Cap styles for hours.. and then I finally found the formula to make them. I will make side walking and up as well then.
Also, Is it good for my first try at least??
Thanked by:
(10-17-2009, 02:39 AM)AlexPlunkett Wrote: Well it's certainly not an edit of link. I had to stare at Minish Cap styles for hours.. and then I finally found the formula to make them. I will make side walking and up as well then.
Also, Is it good for my first try at least??

That's pretty good! Oh, and I found a Minish Cap tutorial some years ago. Just lemme dig the link up...

Found it. Thank BAB for this tutorial.
[Image: tutorialmcshading.png]
Thanked by:
Thanks it helped, but I have my own way of spriting.
Anyway, when I've finished thee sprites can It be moved to Submissions??
Thanked by:
what do you mean "your own way"? its a specific style, you really cant do that unless you're making a custom one :T

and the head in the walking pose for the front shrinks...
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
(10-17-2009, 08:43 AM)Baegal Wrote: what do you mean "your own way"? its a specific style, you really cant do that unless you're making a custom one :T

and the head in the walking pose for the front shrinks...

Yes, I know it shrinks. Thats the way I made it, and I've finished the sprite sheet.
I guess if no-one likes it don't post it on tSR... Although I spent hours on it. Cry
Minish Cap style is my thing. PM me for a request.
Thanked by:
It's not that "we don't like it". We're just giving you some criticism so you can improve.

Also, That shrinking has to be removed or resprited; It creates a lot of new colors and the maximum amount of colors for Minish Cap is 16.

(What we're saying is, that if you're spriting in a specific style you have to follow the limitations of that style. Otherwise it is custom.)
Thanked by:
(10-17-2009, 08:58 AM)Shadow Computer Wrote: It's not that "we don't like it". We're just giving you some criticism so you can improve.

Also, That shrinking has to be removed or resprited; It creates a lot of new colors and the maximum amount of colors for Minish Cap is 16.

(What we're saying is, that if you're spriting in a specific style you have to follow the limitations of that style. Otherwise it is custom.)

Right I've fixed the shrinking head issue, only on the .PNG . Not on the gif
seeing as no-one uses the gif anyway, its just an example of what it looks like.
Thanked by:
I think I've pretty much done. I added attacks. And besides, loads of sprites on tSR are like this so you can't complain.
Thanked by:
They are from the pre-Dazz era, a time when the standards were low. I believe the only reason for their continuing existence is for historical purposes.
Thanked by:
(10-17-2009, 12:20 PM)AlexPlunkett Wrote: And besides, loads of sprites on tSR are like this so you can't complain.
hello and welcome to tsr, the forum where this statement makes you look like the worst kind of butthurt distinguished gentleman.
Thanked by: