Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My first submissions: Not quite sure
I've finally assembled several sheets, but alas I did them on the computer of mine that only has MS paint. Since they are my first, I wanted opinions to serve as quality control before I went to the Submissions thread.

1. Is my choice of background or text color abrasive? I went for a more neutral color, one that wasn't harsh on the eyes and didn't interfere with the sprites I was submitting, but... my eye for color sometimes has an off day. What do you think?

[Image: ninjaboss.png] [Image: vampireboss.png]

2. If I can't reach certain objects that lie in layers that I can't reach with the way I rip, is it alright to do what I did here? And if it is, should I just get rid of that note mentioning it?

[Image: devilboss.png]

3. In this image, this boss is missing a pixel. The developers must have made a mistake. Even when you hit him and he flashes completely white, you can see the black square in his stomach, only one pixel. But on the top row, I filled in the pixel with the appropriate color. Is that ethical, or should I post with the pixel missing? (You can see the missing pixel in the example shot on the second row demonstrating where his tails go) EDIT: The pixel is a few pixels from his middle right below his grey belt. You won't even see it unless you zoom in far, I guarentee it.

[Image: finalbossform1.png]

I'm probably worrying about this too much, but I don't want to cause people headaches later on. Also I wanted to make icons for them all, but I don't have the time right now to rewatch the tutorial video that demonstrates some things I wanted to know. xD Anyway, thanks for the feedback, if it comes.
Thanked by: Tatakae Genshijin
Awesome job. Any color is fine as a background as long as the sprites don't contain the color.
1. Color is great.
2. The wing placement sounds like a fine idea.
3. If you're that worried about it, you can include the unedited version on the sheet as well. Just in case.

Do these guys have any official names?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
There aren't any official names I can find, but according to the back of the box, the devil is a "demon-kid". Other than that, all I can find is a manual summary that tells you the names of the stages. For example, the Ninja would be the boss of the "Speeder Stage", and the vampire the boss of the "Ghouls and Ghosts Stage", and the dragon would be the boss of the "Final Kingdom Stage". I might add those stage titles in, but the game makes no effort to call those stages by those names in actual gameplay. The credits of the game only name the hero and his damsel-in-distress, Rookie and Ai Ai respectively, in english anyway. xD
Thanked by:
Hm, ok. I'll go ahead and save them then. Good job.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Thanks for the feedback. I just moved the sheets as they are into the thread dedicated to their game as well. Had no luck with any official names. :<
Thanked by:
I already put a Congo's Caper topic for these sprites..... I think you should move it to the other topic I made... Nice meeting you lol looks like you beated me to the Ninja Boss and I was going to call him Caveman Ninja....lol I think you should rename the Ninja Boss to Caveman Ninja if you like... So did you got the pirate & the scientist boss yet? (Go ahead and rip them if you like, you will be doing me a great favor..) Thanks for saving my the time of ripping them, including the 1st form of the final boss....^^ (Now I can focus on that other game...)
[Image: girl1-3.gif][Image: girl8-2.gif][Image: girl4-3.gif][Image: girl7-2.gif]

Cavegirls (Arcade) Sprite Sheet - http://www.retrogamezone.co.uk/joenmacarcade.html

Cavegirls Voice Clips - http://sdb.drshnaps.com/display.php?object=10304

A much better catch than Metal Slug POWs since these are chicks and not dudes... Tongue
Thanked by: