Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Alternate Domain Name
Hiya. A few of my friends are having a problem with opening www.spriters-resource.com as it comes up with some spammy website instead of the usual.

Here is a screenshot taken by one of my friends

[Image: t9xlk0.jpg]

As you can see, it shares the domain name, but is obviously not tsr.
I am not having this problem myself, but a number of people are and I think something should be done soon enough.

Thanks
- TTTM
b
Thanked by:
It happened to me too. If you search the site on Google it will be back to normal.
(insert interesting signature here)
Thanked by:
Actually, this was discussed at length in mfgg.net
It differs for people.
Some can only access with the "www.", some can only access without, some cannot access even if they switch browsers, while doing so might work for others.
It's pretty confusing.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
I have this problem no matter what I do, though it only started in the past couple days. I actually had to search for the Community before I got anything relating to the correct tSR, and even through Google I can't access the main site.

Edit: Also, clicking links that should take me to a spritesheet uploaded to the site or forum (such as the Gooey link in the Fantasy Smash thread) also brings me to this false site.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
This seems to have been resolved now?
Thanked by:
I'm from MFGG, while this may or may not be much help, I'll just state this here.

Getting people to modify their hosts file (To bypass the DNS, assuming this was the problem or however it works) does not seem to work except for two people, the instructions I supplied are below:
Quote:First Shining Force Central and now TSR?

I'll just copypasta my SFC explanation with TSR shoehorned in:
Quote:To fix the connection issues, go to:
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and open the host (No file extention) file with Notepad.

Below the following lines:
Quote:127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
Add this:
Quote:694.23.97.194 spriters-resource.com
94.23.97.194 www.spriters-resource.com
The end result should be this:
Quote:127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
94.23.97.194 spriters-resource.com
94.23.97.194 www.spriters-resource.com

As long as TSR does not change its IP, you should be able to connect.
I tested it, and it works.
The thing is, this only seemed to work for two people, so... I am completely confused.

Note: I had to add a tag in the www in the guide to prevent the forums filter from screwing up the guide, good thing you cannot copy and paste tags hidden in text.

Edit: Quick note, on MFGG, my username is 'Kevin Rudd' if you wish to contact me there.
Thanked by: