Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Like pixel art, but less straightforward [3D dump]
My first crack at modelling a head.
I used Anim8or (Blender is fucking confusing, and I'm not paying for Maya or something similar).
Took me something like two hours. I stopped because this wouldn't be riggable (I made mistakes with the mouth and the eyes - and basically everything), so I won't be able to animate it anyway.

[Image: devil1.png]
[Image: devil2.png]
[Image: devilwire.png]

Next time, I'll try a low-poly model.

Comments? Suggestions for the net time I try modelling a head?
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
looks good man
Thanked by:
I hate the nose of the devil dude, btw. Couldn't get it to look right.
And the forehead. And the ears. I think I'll stop now because I don't want to be sad. Sad

A golem (I could just change the texture for different kinds /lazy):

[Image: glem3.jpg]
[Image: glem1.jpg]
[Image: glem2.jpg]
[Image: glem4.png]

Lol how do I texturize. This 3D stuff is hard.
Thanked by:
The inner part of the arms need more polys, while the head could possibly use less.
Thanked by:
While I agree that the "stumps" of the arms need more polys, the head's poly count looks fine to me.

Though you should sprite then textures Big Grin
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-14-2009, 06:27 AM)NorskSengir Wrote: The inner part of the arms need more polys, while the head could possibly use less.
Yeah, I realized that when I tried to rig it. Ah, well, learning through mistakes, I guess.

Black Mage texture test (after fixing the seams):
[Image: obamage.png]
The UV map before texturing:
click (it stretched the page a bit)

I finally figured out how to properly UV map, although I'm sure it could be improved. I found out how to fix the seams, and even though what I did here would only work for pure textures and flats, I have an idea how to do that whole painted texture look. Seems fun but tedious work. Very Sad

My god, I have new found respect for 3D artists. I used to think working in 3D was just like photoshop but with more buttons. Now if only I had photoshop to make those textures in.
Thanked by:
Great stuff here. It definitely has a bit more of a learning curve, but once you get it you can make some amazing things.

Oh and if you haven't tried GIMP yet for making textures I'd recommend it. I haven't compared it to Photoshop myself so I'm not completely sure which one has more features, but it does has a whole bunch.
Thanked by:
i like this (being 100% honest). please make more, maybe some pokemon?? or a big dragon.
Thanked by:
lookin' pretty awesome, man! Smile
Thanked by:
very WIP

[Image: pkmn.png]
The head and half the body of.. which pokemon?
Thanked by:
arceus
Thanked by:
HEY KILGORE TROUT WHY DID YOU NOT SAVE EVEN ONCE IN TWO HOURS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU FINISHED TOGETIC'S BODY+HEAD AND WERE ALREADY WORKING ON ITS WINGS, NOW YOU'VE LOST ALL YOUR WORK. CONGRATS YOU ARE A DUMBASS.

Fuck.
I tried Sonikku in 3D, but it crashed again. Fuck.
Thanked by:
What program are you using to model by the way?
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by:
(09-13-2009, 10:25 PM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: I used Anim8or (Blender is fucking confusing, and I'm not paying for Maya or something similar).
Thanked by:
(09-15-2009, 10:54 PM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: HEY KILGORE TROUT WHY DID YOU NOT SAVE EVEN ONCE IN TWO HOURS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU FINISHED TOGETIC'S BODY+HEAD AND WERE ALREADY WORKING ON ITS WINGS, NOW YOU'VE LOST ALL YOUR WORK. CONGRATS YOU ARE A DUMBASS.

Fuck.
I tried Sonikku in 3D, but it crashed again. Fuck.

I've done that numerous times. It really pisses me off.
Thanked by: