Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon Starlight
[Image: PSLSiggy.png]
^^^^Link to forums^^^^
Name: Pokemon Starlight
For their own profit, Team Black Void plan to harness the powers of legendary Pokemon to block out the sun and lock the world in endless night.
Latest Demo:PSL Alpha v.2

Staff:
Poke25 -Coder/Design
Brainee1 -Spriter/Design
Mana94 -Spriter/Design

Current Features:
*Scrolling Map
*WIP NPCs
*Music
*Stat system/EXP/Pokemon Types/Weakness/Advantages
*Catching
*Pokemon Center
*Towns
*Starters
*Full Battle System
*Real-Time Day/Night System
Much much more!

Upcoming Features:
*Bug Fixes
*More Music
*More Areas
*Better attack animations
*Level Up attacks
*Bag system/Items.
Much More!

Screenshots from Alpha 1/2:
[Image: screenshotse.png]

Other Notes
This is not one of those pokemon clones where someone says it's in developement and It's not Cute
Please note that the attack effects are WIP, so don't expect explosions flying across the screen and stuff Tongue Wink
[Image: psllogo.png]
Pokémon Starlight Is a Pokémon fan game that I, and several others have been working on for quite some time. It is being made with Game maker 6.1 and 7. We did, at one point have the Alpha up for download, but it has since been removed due to messy coding, and poor quality.
The project is now getting better graphics, and a cleaner, more streamlined engine.

To view the current version of the Pokédex, Click Here.

- I am aware of a HUGE quality difference between sprites, that is because many of them were made years apart from each other, I am working hard to make them all as good as the good ones.

-Also, the legendary Pokémon have been blacked out.

Staff:
Poke25 (Me) - Lead Programmer/ Lead Spriter
Brainee1 - Programmer/Spriter
Mana(phy)94- Spriter

Plot:
You are a 13 year old boy, and finally old enough to get your Pokémon Trainer's License, You hurry to the Pokémon Lab in Olbridge Town, excited for the start of you Pokémon journey. However, not too far away, a selfish plot constructed by the infamous Team Lunar involving the Lunar Pokémon Midnixion, and Solar Pokémon Noonavia, threatens to end the peaceful existence you have come to know.
The Rahna Region
[Image: rahnatowns.png]

-Please post any gripes you may have about any of my work.

-Also, are we allowed to post link to other forums? Because I have a lot of content about the game on mine.
[Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif]Not these danged things.... Cry
Thanked by: Poke25, Poke25
AD
AD
AD
Still thinking of a new name.
Thanked by:
(03-14-2009, 05:10 PM)Shroob2 Wrote: AD
AD
AD

great post there
seriously, how is this an ad

anyway I took one look at this thread and went UGH

that title image with the (terrible looking) starters on it is awful

Team Black Void? What? Come on.

Then I saw the screenshots (which I'm really hoping aren't just mockups) and thought that this might actually have a chance. You might want to work on your pokemon naming, though.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: LeleleleMAXIMUM
(03-15-2009, 12:23 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Then I saw the screenshots (which I'm really hoping aren't just mockups)
They aren't mockups, but they are outdated, in the current download there are a few more graphics
Thanked by:
They aren't mock ups that's why I said...
"From Alpha v.1 and Alpha v.2"

Quote:anyway I took one look at this thread and went UGH

Honestly, this was just plain mean and rude Rolleyes
Sometimes what you say, is what you don't say (Try to figure what this means) Tongue
[Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: badger.gif]Not these danged things.... Cry
Thanked by:
Mana, I would recommend changing the Full battle system thing to WIP battle system because the current battle system is missing some very important stats.
Thanked by:
I have a question why do it becomes so slow when you get out of houses?
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by: seanson98, seanson98
(03-15-2009, 11:56 AM)Mabelma Wrote: I have a question why do it becomes so slow when you get out of houses?
Its Lag, being cause by the amount of stuff in the room, im working on fixing it though.
Thanked by:
Oh ok then fix it cause it's really annoying in my opinion.
Other than that the pokemons need to be more complex, awesome and cute.
I think this may become a good game.
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
(03-15-2009, 09:38 AM)Manaphy94 Wrote: They aren't mock ups that's why I said...
"From Alpha v.1 and Alpha v.2"

Quote:anyway I took one look at this thread and went UGH

Honestly, this was just plain mean and rude Rolleyes
Sometimes what you say, is what you don't say (Try to figure what this means) Tongue

Sorry, perhaps I came across as a little more hostile than I intended.

I'm just weird about pokemon fangames, and how most of them have zero quality control regarding monster and story design.

like um

seriously what is the grass starter? It looks like a terribly shaded stump with a clover glued onto it.

I don't even know what the water starter is.

The fire starter is an obvious charmander ripoff.

Team black void is a horrible name.

etc
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: LeleleleMAXIMUM
okay guys I now have a bit of a to do list, like fix the starters up and reduce the lag.
Thanked by:
I don't the like the pokemon, or the sprites. But if your going to do a day/night system, blocking the sun is actually a good idea.
Thanked by:
Oh my fucking god, the sprites are terrible. What were you thinking, thinking these looked good at all ? The fuck is the water starter ? What the fuck is up with that clover ? I'm pretty sure the firestarter is called Charmander, not "Flareguana." That is uninspired and lame and seriously. What the hell man.
Thanked by: LeleleleMAXIMUM, Ravecat
I agree, the pokemon are horrific. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I'm being dead honest.

Grass type looks like a clover stuck in a pile shit.
Fire starter looks like a charmander without its flame.
And I don't even know what the water starter is.

If you want to make a good pokemon game, the pokemon also have to be good. Pokemon look plain and unoriginal, and the sprites are bad. I have no comment on the gameplay or battle system but seriously, look at some existing pokemon to get some more ideas, and team black void? the team name sounds like it will have nothing to do with the storyline, and we already have a pokemon game about space, not to mention that name already sounds bad. And you're not allowed to link to other forums, you've been here for a long time manaphy94 you should at least know the rules by now..
Thanked by:
I will Contact manaphy94 and ask ask him to remove the link.
I would also like to remind people that this is not even the beta version yet, so things can be changed, and suggestions are welcomed (but please try to be constructive). Also, which sprites are terrible, the pokemon? the overworld? Or both?
Finally, the team name came off the top of my head. My original name intentions where things like 'Luner'.
Oh yah, and the early pokemon (featured in this version) where invented when i came up with the idea for this game (I was 10) and some are in do for some major redo's
Thanked by: