Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: What class would you choose?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Warrior. Don't mess with me and my sword!
0%
0 0%
Paladin. A holy warrior who fights for good!
9.09%
2 9.09%
Samurai. Living by the code of honor!
0%
0 0%
Monk. A fighter trained in the martial arts!
0%
0 0%
Wizard. I want to dabble in the mystic arts!
9.09%
2 9.09%
Necromancer. I want to control the undead!
4.55%
1 4.55%
Cleric. Helping out my friends by healing them!
9.09%
2 9.09%
Thief. While you guys fight, I'm gonna go loot!
4.55%
1 4.55%
Ninja/Kunoichi. Because ninjas are frikkin' awesome!
0%
0 0%
Pirate. The terror of the seven seas!
4.55%
1 4.55%
Assassin. Watch your back, no seriously!
0%
0 0%
Ranger. Protecting my friends from afar with my arrows!
4.55%
1 4.55%
Bard. Singing songs of battle and cheer my party on!
4.55%
1 4.55%
Gunner. Why use swords when you have guns!
9.09%
2 9.09%
Conjurer. I would love to summon monsters!
4.55%
1 4.55%
Tamer. I can control monsters to do my bidding!
0%
0 0%
Other. Please specify below.
22.73%
5 22.73%
No opinion or decline to vote.
13.64%
3 13.64%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

You were magically zapped into an RPG world...
One day, you were suddenly magically zapped into a RPG world. To get yourself adjusted into this new world of dungeons, dragons, and magic. You would have to take up a class of your choice. Would this class suit your personality? Or maybe this class has some of your favorite skills? Or maybe you have another reason? We would love to hear it!

Because I'm a RPG nut, I would like to know what class you guys would choose yourselves to be and tell us why you chose this. I think this is a great way to get to know each other! I am only listing as many of the basic RPG classes and not gonna go too indepth with them.
Thanked by:
I picked No opinion or decline to vote because that class is awesome.

Thanked by:
other: Pimp i would fuck all the hot RPG-anime girls all god damn day

seriosuly though i would be some sort of utility class. not bard or FFXI corsair or anything. like freya from FFIX. utility and melee
Thanked by:
i pick the kyrtuck class because i could bug the flippin heck out of my enemies to death
Thanked by: DioShiba
Bard is the best fuckin' class.

Although I'm able to multi-spec, I'd go with a class focused on status effects and lockdown. The FF games don't really have a specific class for that (which is what I'd assume you're listing these classes from, The only difference between Ninja, Assassin, and Thief in most RPG systems is the flavouring); but you'd call that kind of thing the Mesmer or Warlock.

Bard/Mesmer oh yeaaaaah~
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
i think kyrtuck and this toy squirrel should switch places
[Image: 1246090430210.gif]

so i can be the squirrel class
Thanked by: DioShiba, Vipershark
(09-09-2009, 05:48 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Bard is the best fuckin' class.

Although I'm able to multi-spec, I'd go with a class focused on status effects and lockdown. The FF games don't really have a specific class for that (which is what I'd assume you're listing these classes from, The only difference between Ninja, Assassin, and Thief in most RPG systems is the flavouring); but you'd call that kind of thing the Mesmer or Warlock.

Bard/Mesmer oh yeaaaaah~
FFXI has RDM, based on super debuffing, and corsair which can put salt in the wounds (RDM casts paralyze, monster is paralyzed. corsair uses lightning shot, monster s paralyzed harder).

corsair also shoots for some nice damage and has a pretty powerful "limit break", and AoE party buffs. good class good class
Thanked by:
I remember that, but I don't think I got far enough to enjoy the benefits for the Red Mage. Stopped playing before Corsair came out, too. Corsair would be an interesting thing to show up in more games, but for the most part it's just a Gunner with sexy flavouring.

Frankly, I like the way that FFTA2 dealt with Final Fantasy classes more, but in the long run the way they're set up isn't as in-depth as say... your run-of-the-mill tabletop RPG system. Hell, even Guild Wars managed to cover all the shit the FF games did with 20 classes in half that.
Thanked by:
you have to realize (i know you do, im just applying it) that ffxi is based on party play. if they slimmed the class selection down and started smashing classes together, there would be less need for so many people per party.

EDIT: oh and this is nit picking but corsair is more of a bard with extra guniness not the other way around B)
Thanked by:
Of course, but I feel that forming such rigid divides between classes lowers the ability to customise. Being able to sub a class improves that, though.
Thanked by:
(09-09-2009, 06:25 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Of course, but I feel that forming such rigid divides between classes lowers the ability to customise. Being able to sub a class improves that, though.

totally agree. the subjob system saved it. Smile also equipment plays more of a role and different sets can be considered "specing" but its no where near as in depth, obviously.
Thanked by:
CLERIC

i am not good at anything else

I always played White Mage in FFXI and Acolyte in ragnarok hurrdurp
[Image: pixelxcore.png]
Thanked by:
im goign to be a blacksmith in ffvix B)
Thanked by:
FFVIX classes have been confirmed? aaa
[Image: pixelxcore.png]
Thanked by:
there are no classes!!!!!!!!! sort of. they said they were dropping the "traditional" classes so there were no preconceptions of what they should and shouldn't be. basically, black mage is called thaumaturge and monk is pugilist

also instead of having crafts and hobbies they made them jobs as well so clothcraft is a job. but ont he bright side they kept the job switching on the fly that FFXI had
Thanked by: