Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FISTICORE - Tyvon's GM7 Fighting Engine - v0.0.0.2 Test (9/6)
Sup y'all.

I figured I've done enough with this in order to be able to post it other places.

Basically, this is what happened when I decided to break out the old GM again after an idea struck me.

It's called FISTICORE. It's my completely open-source fighting game engine.

The idea of this engine is to create a well-explained, easy-to-use fighting game engine for people to build fighting games off of using a system that I programmed that runs completely on easily-modifiable variables. Think of it as GM MUGEN, in a way, but requiring only a scarce knowledge of programming and is even easier to modify.

There are tens of variables that are used in the main engine that are required to have a functioning fighter, as well as several optional variables that will add new options to the creator's engine and allow them to make their fighter as technical or as traditional as they please.

Tyvon Wrote:Future:
The build and release stages will be all about functionality and simplicity. Once I get to the point of development where a major can be released, it will rely heavily on easily-accessible customization via the program itself, without having to infiltrate the GMK. This will involve modifying existing characters and being able to modify the gameplay engine itself and add in the many expansive functions in many fighters.

A future release of Fisticore may include a very deep character creation program, as well as other functions to make the engine easier to access for other people.

As of right now, the only thing available is the character debugger, there are no crouching attacks or jumping attacks, and Kyo Kusanagi (2003/XI appearance) is the only character, with all four basic attacks and one command move.

Check it out here. [2.5MB]
Thanked by:
Update!
Version 0.0.0.2 is now available for trying.

Updates include;

-Finer variable tweaking for tighter gameplay
-Two new moves; Aragami (qcf+LP) and Oniyaki (available in two intensities; f, qcf+LP and f, qcf+HP).
-Additional timing adjustments
-New variables added for extra precision

Check it out.

There's no movement engine yet, as these are all sprite tests, so the movements of the Aragami and Oniyaki are off because they jerk back to the center. This will be fixed when all the moves have been confirmed to work.
Thanked by: