Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: What type of AdventureMode should we have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Like Melee's
16.67%
9 16.67%
Like Brawl's/SSE
27.78%
15 27.78%
A original idea for Adventure mode
50.00%
27 50.00%
We shouldn't use one at all.
5.56%
3 5.56%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Adventure Mode.
What do you think guys.

Of course, mainly this is based on what the programmer can do.
Thanked by:
Neither were really "adventure-y" to be honest, as they were strict level-by-level gameplay. I would call Brawl's more of a "Story Mode" and Melees more of an obstacle course.

I can't honestly vote yet, but I'm leaning towards an original idea...
[Image: orb21.png][Image: orb22.png][Image: orb23.png]
Thanked by:
Original idea.
Both of those "adventure mode"s were actually "sucky level by sucky level-mode" to me.
Thanked by:
The newer brawl adventure version might take up a lot of data (if thats even a problem), but I liked the original game.
[Image: SMB1BlooperMediumAni.gif]
Thanked by:
I was thinking of a basic Melee-style Adventure where you go through different games and fight themed enemies and then other fighters as boss characters. The only difference is that as you unlock more characters, more stages are added to adventure mode. That was the only problem with Melee's. If you got someone new they were still ignored in Adventure. For example, unlocking, say, all the Pokemon characters unlocks a Pokemon themed stage and bossesfor Adventure that can be wedged into the existing lineup of stages.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(08-31-2009, 09:42 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I was thinking of a basic Melee-style Adventure where you go through different games and fight themed enemies and then other fighters as boss characters. The only difference is that as you unlock more characters, more stages are added to adventure mode. That was the only problem with Melee's. If you got someone new they were still ignored in Adventure. For example, unlocking, say, all the Pokemon characters unlocks a Pokemon themed stage and bossesfor Adventure that can be wedged into the existing lineup of stages.

you dissagree with this you are dumb

That's like the perfect plan dude.

Just gonna point out though, Melee's did wedge in Pichu and Jigglypuff, but that was just a "beat the wave" kinda thing so it's irrelavent.
[Image: orb21.png][Image: orb22.png][Image: orb23.png]
Thanked by:
Melee's owned so much harder than Subspace Emissary.
Thanked by: JoshR691
yeah, the only thing brawl had over melee was co-op and more bosses.
Thanked by:
(08-31-2009, 12:46 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: yeah, the only thing brawl had over melee was co-op and more bosses.

That, and that there actually were no reason for Tabuu to turn it into subspace on wherever they are since it would be plain stupid for him to come to exactly their planet.

He probably knew he'd get owned and still came to their planet.
Thanked by:
He almost didn't get owned, but that's off topic.

I think a set up similar to Melee's, though maybe with more diverse stages and Emissarry(Sp?)-Inspired boss battles would work.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
I'd like to avoid any unique enemies and bosses if possible. That was a huge complaint about the SSE.
Thanked by:
I didn't mean bosses like Galleon. I meant like Petey. How they weren't all "Smash the enemy away."
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Ah, ok.
Thanked by:
I liked both the Adventure Modes sorta...

I liked that Brawl had the co-op play and random enemies coming at certain points of the stages.

I also liked Melee's Adventure Mode because it was more like Classic Mode, which I always liked better between the two.

However, I really would like an original Adventure Mode, possibly with a bit of both elements. It could have the platforming system and co-op like Brawl, then fight a character on one of the actual stages like Melee (For example: Venturing threw Planet Zebes until you get to Norfair [given that stage may be a included in the game] where you'd have to fight either Samus or Ridley). The Adventure stages could actually be places from videogames as opposed to 'random jungle areas' and such, and I think it would be cool to have some minibosses in, too. I also think that we shouldn't have 'made-up' enemies, but rather enemies pretaining to the games like Goombas or those Ladybug machines from Sonic.
Thanked by:
How about a story mode, that plays through different levels for each character, in different ways. Link and Zelda are both from Hyrule, but Link may start in a FOrest, but zelda sarts in the Castle. They can also choose between one or two places, in which to go to next. Say, Lake Hylia? or the Gerudo Desert?

This way, some characters can have there own unique levels, (Such as Link's forest), and this would greatly improve the replay value. Also, you would unlock a new adventure for each character.

Does this sound good to anyone?
Any noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
Thanked by: