Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can this be submitted?
[Image: StarSpiritsandMilleniumStar-2.png]
I made all the Star Spirits plus a Bonus Millenium Star and Make-Your-Own star Kart and Ive read that if youre new, you should post sprites here first and wait for them to be moved to submissions.

Oh and here's an Icon In case
[Image: StarSpiritsandMilleniumStarIcon.png]
Thanked by:
fix the burning green background to something darker
I can barely see the karts
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Is that better?
Thanked by:
Can this be submitted?

Hehe, fraid not, sorry.

I think the main problem with these sprites is that stars just were not meant to be in Mario Kart. Try another character and see if you can do that character well.
[Image: veryfunnyguys.png] Very funny, guys. T_T
Thanked by:
I don't see why they couldn't be submitted after being improved just a little.
They look misshapen in some frames, and the turning sprites seem a bit weird but I probably couldn't help you much with that because I cannot animate things very well and thus wouldn't really be able to make it smooth.
Thanked by:
Yes but these stars arent like the others. In Paper mario they had Full flexibility, but Im not sure about Mario Party 5. Also I made these for fun, but I could try another character.

I could try animating them, alot of times Mario Kart Sprites look like that. If I may ask, which parts look off? Besides the turn, I didnt know how to make it look normal.

Edit:[Image: Eldstar.gif] heres Eldstar, I see no real problem with the Original Star Base, Maybe just the attachments
Thanked by:
Hmmm, on second thought, they actually do look better in motion. I'll say there is hope.
[Image: veryfunnyguys.png] Very funny, guys. T_T
Thanked by:
(08-22-2009, 04:29 PM)Saguchi Wrote: Hmmm, on second thought, they actually do look better in motion. I'll say there is hope.

Thanks! I'll animate the ones like Misstar and Mamar (the attachments) and see if they need fixing, particularly Mamar.

Edit: Here's Misstar:[Image: Misstar.gif] the one I was worried about the most before I made her, Oh yeah its a bit jumpy when she faces us because of the lack of frames for front sprites.
Edit 2: Finally I made Mamar better:[Image: Mamar.gif] I edited the bows in the Middle, which was a great call if you ask me.

P.s. Here id the sheet with the edited bow, Ill put it in the First post:[Image: StarSpiritsandMilleniumStar-2.png]. Since I think Im done, I will see to your posts if you think Im done.
Thanked by:
looks nice. Except, misstar's ribbon is a bit jumpy in two frames or so....
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
(08-22-2009, 07:24 PM)Baegal Wrote: looks nice. Except, misstar's ribbon is a bit jumpy in two frames or so....

I know, its just that there are more back poses than front poses in Mario Kart,and that makes it less smooth. Oh and thanks for helping before!
Thanked by:
~your welcome~

They look fine to me
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
Thanks, do you think they can be submitted?
Thanked by:
No, I don't believe they can. I 'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I recall a situation when a character (Waluigi? Sonic? idk) was sprited into Mario Kart Style, but it wasn't accepted for one reason or another.
Thanked by:
(08-23-2009, 03:15 PM)moz Wrote: No, I don't believe they can. I 'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I recall a situation when a character (Waluigi? Sonic? idk) was sprited into Mario Kart Style, but it wasn't accepted for one reason or another.
Snake I'm pretty sure. I think the reason it was rejected was because he was never in a kart. However, the Mario custom section of the site has several other characters that have never driven karts down in the Mario Kart subsection, such as Chain Chomp, Eggplant Man, and Booster.

Personally, I'd accept them with some tweaking, but I am by no means the authority on what gets on the site.
Thanked by:
I'd say that the subject matter is fine, but the sprites themselves look off. Stars were not meant to drive cars, clearly.

Also I like how you ask for permission to have the thread moved, then post it in submissions anyway. That seems a tad desperate of you.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: