Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zero Suit Samus + Power Suit VX Style
I had a request for some RPG Maker VX Sized- Metroid Sprites, including Samus and Zero Suit Samus. Of course, they would look like marshmallows if I followed VX's style completely (VX's style is fat and cute, with 32x32 sprites filled up almost completely with rotund characters and oversized heads) so I went with realistic heads/bodies and perspectivized arms+legs. I think the Power Suit turned out all right, but I have a lot of trouble spriting girls (it is so hard!!) so I am hoping for some good advice on Zero Suit samus. Here is the picture I was given to match- link

[Image: Image3.png]

and were I not bound by RPG-Maker VX's 32x32 size limit, I could have done this-
[Image: fullsize.png]

So any thoughts on all around girl-yness? I tried to get it right, without exaggerating or distorting anything. I've found that things look the best when they are the most accurate, but knowing what that is is beyond my simple mind Tongue
Thanked by:
My only complaint would have to be that the outlining on the armor makes it look strange next to the no-outline ZSS.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Yes, it is very conflicting. She looks chunky with an outline, and the suit looks frail without one. It is an interesting problem. Which would you recommend that I change?
Thanked by:
You could attempt a sel-out, maybe? Can you post onewithout an outline? Maybe it doesn't look as strange as you think. Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: