Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's help Koopaul make M&L Style DK!
Hello hello, friends, enemies, and acquaintances! For many years I have been at making a M&L Style Donkey Kong. Yes its been that long! I gave up long ago when I realized my efforts sucked. Until just recently I had started digging up old files and saw these ungodly creations and thought: "Hey maybe I'm better now"

[Image: dkhelp.png]

Unfortunately I still can't do it right. And that's where you come in! Yes you! I could use some critique and advice.

So what say you? Guide me along this painful quest?

Thanked by:
All I notice right away is that the area around his eyes is usually darker.

Other than that, good job so far. And good luck.

EDIT: You might want to try showing musculature in his arms aswell.
Thanked by:
[Image: dkhelp2.png]

Okay how's this?

I still can't help that something doesn't seem M&L-ish to me.

Thanked by:
I kinda like that second tuff hair on his head in the first one. Aside from that I have no real complaints.
Thanked by:
remember to use Binky as a reference / holy fuck Bowser looked like shit in that game..
/Looks pretty good so far Cute
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
This is looking awesome so far, its a vast improvement on your last ones. Big Grin

I suggest you try starting off with a different angle, I know that may sound weird, but if you make him face down-left or down-right, you might get out of the rut you've been in, cause you've gotten so used to that pose/position.

I love it though, you have my full support. :o
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
That kinda angle is going to be hard as hell I've never been able to do that before...

Thanked by:
The newest DK is not as good as the first DK, which fits the style perfectly imo.
Thanked by:
This new DK is nice, but not really M&L, Ed's right man the first one is perfect.
Thanked by:
Hm... Your right I started doing the side pose but... It doesn't fit the style

However the earlier ones don't look like DK too well... Hmmm...

Thanked by:
(08-12-2009, 10:50 PM)koopaul Wrote: [Image: dkhelp2.png]
That's a very big head...

The sprite does look like him, anyway if you're not convinced, just look at Bowser's sprite, which is from the game, and tell me if it looks a lot like Bowser...
Thanked by:
his arms look like big tumors.
Thanked by:
I dislike the fact that he has two buttocks on each arm in the front pose. Make them look more like hands.

Other than that, this is pretty good.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
(08-12-2009, 11:11 PM)EdpR Wrote: just look at Bowser's sprite, which is from the game, and tell me if it looks a lot like Bowser...

That's true the M&L style often makes characters look different than they are supposed to. Perhaps I'll combine DK2 with elements of my new DK...

EDIT:

What skin do you prefer? the old skin color or the new skin color?

Thanked by:
They are awesome !
Keep up the great work.
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by: