Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
convert to smw style WIP
so yah I'm bringing my tileset into a new forum, not like the last one was locked or anything...so anyway it's no longer just a tileset cuz I got king boo in it and don't whine about the recolours! oh what am I talking about here's the sheet. [Image: unfinishedconversionproject.jpg] there now I put this in sprite discussion because I have no idea if anyone feels like helping or not...anyway like my new take at spriting again? don't say anything of this is a recolour from another game cuz the reason I made this was because of that. so move this if it turns into a project run by many people. so...yeah I'm editing and whatever, so don't tell me to stop this also, no ripped sheets allowed if you plan on contributing. and I might have some bad sprites but whatever.
Thanked by:
(08-10-2009, 05:30 PM)bnewton Wrote: so yah I'm bringing my tileset into a new forum, not like the last one was locked or anything...so anyway it's no longer just a tileset cuz I got king boo in it and don't whine about the recolours! oh what am I talking about here's the sheet. [Image: unfinishedconversionproject.jpg] there now I put this in sprite discussion because I have no idea if anyone feels like helping or not...anyway like my new take at spriting again? don't say anything of this is a recolour from another game cuz the reason I made this was because of that. so move this if it turns into a project run by many people. so...yeah I'm editing and whatever, so don't tell me to stop this also, no ripped sheets allowed if you plan on contributing. and I might have some bad sprites but whatever.

Good job....I guess I don't quite understand what you're talking about though. Other then that EXCELLENT WORK!!!!
Thanked by:
I'm converting all things mario possible to Super Mario World style.
Thanked by:
J to the Peg. Also most of the stuff on there is still a recolor or not terribly in style, whether you want us to mention it or not.
Thanked by:
You should really start from scratch, and learn the concepts of making customs.
Thanked by:
making customs...I did my best with the sprites. and there's no tutorial for making smw tiles and stuff anyway look I know you're trying to be helpful but sometimes it's easier to do an edit rather than make a new style like it might well turn out to be if I make customs completely from scratch.
Thanked by:
(08-10-2009, 06:25 PM)bnewton Wrote: making customs...I did my best with the sprites. and there's no tutorial for making smw tiles and stuff anyway look I know you're trying to be helpful but sometimes it's easier to do an edit rather than make a new style like it might well turn out to be if I make customs completely from scratch.
No more excuses from actually making things from scratch. These are just minor edits, and recolors.
Thanked by:
(08-10-2009, 06:25 PM)bnewton Wrote: making customs...I did my best with the sprites. and there's no tutorial for making smw tiles and stuff anyway look I know you're trying to be helpful but sometimes it's easier to do an edit rather than make a new style like it might well turn out to be if I make customs completely from scratch.
It's more helpful in the long run to attempt a custom now and then than to edit or recolor everything. Of course editing would be easier; you're usually just changing minor details. Pick out some Mario tiles that have nothing quite similar to the ones already in SMW and make them in that style.
Thanked by: DioShiba
did you see that desert tile? that's my one of my attempts at a scratch sprite...so yah the point is to convert stuff to smw style and the king boo was not that much minor editing but since you'll be telling me it's still editing I edited it yeah, and maybe, in response to nothing similar to smw style, I will try to do the pow block and maybe some other stuff...but yeah this will be a long time before I'm finished but thanks for the suggestion...but yeah I'm also converting doors and other stuff from 3D games. I was also thinking about making the sun in smw style. I also scratched the above and under sprites from super mario bros, as in the first one, I also made a mario kart wheel + wii racing wheel. I only took the stone stand from somewhere else so maybe I should move that out do you think?
Thanked by:
(08-11-2009, 10:01 AM)bnewton Wrote: did you see that desert tile? that's my one of my attempts at a scratch sprite...so yah the point is to convert stuff to smw style and the king boo was not that much minor editing but since you'll be telling me it's still editing I edited it yeah, and maybe, in response to nothing similar to smw style, I will try to do the pow block and maybe some other stuff...but yeah this will be a long time before I'm finished but thanks for the suggestion...but yeah I'm also converting doors and other stuff from 3D games. I was also thinking about making the sun in smw style. I also scratched the above and under sprites from super mario bros, as in the first one, I also made a mario kart wheel + wii racing wheel. I only took the stone stand from somewhere else so maybe I should move that out do you think?

Oh cool from 3D Mario games?
Thanked by:
although I MIGHT have trouble with the star bits from super mario galaxy, I am happy to say that I got a few things right. You're welcome to join in, and if this turns into a project with more than 3 people then I guess this'll get moved to the sprite projects section.
Thanked by:
See bnewton, you really should try another custom someday... Just take one of your drawings and put it in sprite as I did (you can do it SMW style if you want to Tongue) believe me, you have to make yourself a reputation ('cause some people don't understand that's you are just a beginner)
Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down,
Never gonna run around and
desert you

Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye,
Never gonna tell a lie
and hurt you

If you just read this, you got rick rolled!
Thanked by:
[Image: unfinishedconversionproject-1.jpg]
here an update to my sheet! yay! wait this isn't the main site's updates so wait, what am I talking about? oh who cares just give me ideas of where to go next! or how to improve whichever...
Thanked by:
You're still saving everything as a .jpeg. :I
Thanked by:
actually turned out to be bitmap, but it's fine no details harmed, I switched to png format and 'J to the Peg' doesn't make sense. but ok next update in png.
Thanked by: