Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Small Small (title wip)
Ok, now when you first hear any game idea with smash in it you either think it will suck or you complete go insane because maybe your fav anime char can be in it. With this project we will have a style. The reason most smash games suck is because of style mixing, it look horrible. For this project I have chosen KonJak's Ivory Springs style because of it being easy to replicate and it's cuteness. Now some people want anime and manga chars in these games, well not in this one. I am going to try to keep this as close to nintendo as possible, so the chars and level have to be from a nintendo system.
Example:
Person wants Hero from Persona 3; will not work ps2
Solution: Hero from Devil Survior
All of the chars from smash will be hopefully be in it.

[Image: smallsmash.png]

Chars so far:
Megaman - DanKen
Link -
Kirby - needs to be redone
Starfy/Stafi - explosionmakes boom!!! -UPDATE-
Zelda -
Yoshi - needs to match style better
Samus -
Bomberman -
Jill- DanKen

Ast Trophies:
Protoman - Needs scarf

Items:
Link's bomb
pitfall
pokeball
Bomberman Bomb
Heart

Level Ideas:
Mercury Lighthouse: Golden Sun

UPDATE:
[Image: mercurylighthousess.png]
Just a basic outline.
If anyone would like to help in anyway, I would appreciate the help alot.
P.M. me for any questions

Link is there for reference to link's clothing, Link is from the brawl Project, he is not mine
Thanked by:
While I like how you did Link and Mega Man, Kirby looks a little odd and lopsided. You might want to make him appear more rounded. Starfy is also really creeping me out. O_O

And

"The reason most smash games suck is because of style mixing, it look horribe."

I agree wholeheartedly.
I especially don't like it when people go ape-turds all over wanting anime/manga/nothing from a video game in it. I can't tell you how annoyed I was when someone got upset over the fact that Naruto wasn't in Brawl...

Anyway, I like the idea so far. I hope you stick with it.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
I know kirby and stafi turned out alittle weird, I like how stafi's left side is but the right is weird, If you want to help I would be glad to have the help

Any c+c on the other stuff?
Thanked by:
Other than Kirby and Starfy, I think you should make Zelda more blonde and make Yoshi a 3/4ths view like everyone else is.

I like the style here, I might give it a try later. =D

Edit -

Also, I made a tiny edit to link's hair:

[Image: ve66te.png]
(one on the left I prefer)

I removed the hair outline in the middle, it looks better that way imo.
Thanked by:
[Image: updatese.png]

Fixed kirby, Fixed Stafy, Added upwards/side/downwards master sword, added scarf to protoman. If you want I can give them idles.
Thanked by:
Starfy's facial expression could still use some work.
Kirby's right foot shouldn't extend down further than the left, because of the style.
The shading on the master sword looks sort of odd, the light source wouldn't make that sort of shading.
Protoman's scarf shouldn't be extended out that far on his idle. It should be resting behind his arm.

Just before you continue. Cute
Thanked by:
in almost every game protoman's scarf is like that, I only made the up down left and right master swords, and they match to me... I just changed Kirby's shape that that is what starfy's facial expression is always like.

[Image: protomanidle.gif]
Idle

[Image: updatesnlz.png]
Sheet
Thanked by:
Well, Zelda's not especially blonde in this game, Mr. L (and, for what it's worth, she was originally a red-head in the first couple of games), so I wouldn't say that her being brunette in Zach's game is much of a concern (there are already plenty of blonde characters as it is anyhow).

I appreciate the request for my help, but I have my own project I'm wrapped up in at the moment, so I apologize, but all I can offer at this point is constructive criticism. :/

As for other criticism, Yoshi could probably lean forward a bit more and he appears to be lacking a lower jaw. Stafy could.... stop smiling that wide... his mouth is literally touching both eyes. O_o
You could stand to make the lightest shade on Protoman's body the lightest shade on his helmet's design. That would help make him stand out more. At present, his head stands out, but the rest of him is dull (color speaking). Bomber Man's head is a little odd. I think you could round it a little and use a darker shade of the grays to make a partial outline for it.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
Not my game. Just contributing.
Thanked by:
Oh, I misunderstood then. Please, carry on. Shy
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by:
i think this looks nice. I'm not sure about this or not, but do you think NiGHTS should be a playable character, or atleast an assist trophy? (nintendo wii)
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
I'll make NiGHTS as a playable character if the maker of the game wants him in.
Thanked by:
Okay, I looked under some Brawl artwork, and Zelda is pretty brunette. I was basing my knowledge after like Ocarina of Time era. xD

Regardless of how the scarf acts in his game, I really don't think it should be at that angle. =\ What force is keeping it like that? Certainly not gravity.

[Image: 24exen6.png]
Those lighter pixels you put there should either make the full line, or not be there at all.

[Image: starfy-from-the-legend-of-starfy.jpg]
I think you should try to make its mouth look like this one's, because the current one doesn't really look too great...

[Image: dz5o5.png]
You see? Kirby's right foot (our left) extends one more pixel down from the rest. It's out of style.
Also, looking at Starfy, he doesn't really have any shading at all.

That's all. =D
Thanked by:
Zack (kk): Proto's idle looks a little weird, it should be more like he is bouncing up and down, and the scarf should drape down and move back a little bit in the wind
In regards to NIGHT's I will have him as an assist trophy that acts kinda like sonic's final smash flying and all
In regards to bomberman's head it is squareish in most nintendo games
THANK You everyone!
Thanked by:
His scarf is never down though.
Thanked by: