Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
JUS character, should i continue?
[Image: 1zecpxx.png]update, made the sword.
fully custom, his names Dylan Jones, he's a naruto fan character, but lets look past that and rate the sprite, not where he shall reside, be honest, and tell me how i may improve, thanks everyone ^.^
edit:[Image: 2yzmlc9.png] well i've been playing with the other style of him and its growing on me, which looks better?
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
I like it, the colours don't look that they are custom they look like the premade colours in ms Paint

To Improve- More Shading with better colours.

Will X
FUCK YOU ALL
Thanked by:
(07-25-2009, 08:13 AM)Big-Willy-R Wrote: I like it, the colours don't look that they are custom they look like the premade colours in ms Paint

To Improve- More Shading with better colours.

Will X

Ugh. Stop posting. His colors aren't the ones in Paint. They are just bright and lively, like most JUS colors. Try to see for yourself. Ugh. Also, more shading doesn't make a sprite better. It's like saying make it bigger just to make it better. Your critique is useless BTW.
[Image: o7XYLZG.gif][Image: BYMWXB7.gif]
[Image: eh8P6l0.gif]
Thanked by:
By the way that wasn't my opinion, my sis looked at it she was the person who gave critique. She does spriting aswell. Its just she doesn't have an account on here and can't be arsed to get one. I will let her know what you said.

Anyway My personal Opinion is that the sprite looks awesome, good for a custom. Just to say that the more you practice then you will get alot better.

Medevenx- Sorry about the post, I will get my sis to make her own account so she can stop getting me in shit or un-popular.
FUCK YOU ALL
Thanked by:
I... don't know if it's the style, but he doesn't even look shaded at all, aside from skin. Maybe increasing the contrast? Also, is that a sword on his back? It doesn't look like one. See how blades (and metallic objects, in general) react to lightsources. Have a definite lightsource, too.

PS: Dylan Jones doesn't look like a Naruto name. You could change his name, or change his design to fit the american/english name you gave him.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
i used gaara's colors actually, and those were his clothes color, also i looked at gaara as a reference for the stance, and he had barely any shading on the clothes either, soo idk lol.
ps: Damn, how does Rokkoh kiriyami sound?
Thanked by:
Sounds like a rip-off of Korah Hyoutetsu.
Thanked by:
Rokkoh Kiriyami sounds a lot better and fits the Japanese theme Naruto is inserted in.

At least, you could shade it better: the clothes are shaded in a different way than his feet, and this shouldn't be happening.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
More contrast between the shades.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
alright, i'll find better colors off of another character, so fix contrast, shading and the sword and im off to a good start?
Thanked by:
One thing I'd like to add is that you don't have to outline everything with black, especially if the highlights of the sprite are at the end of a sprite. Instead try to use the a darker or the darkest shade of whatever color your using to outline highlights and save black outlining for shadowed areas or areas that need definition.

Also if those white parts aren't white hairbands and they're hair highlights they shouldn't be that bright and shouldn't standout like a different object.

Okay one last thing, I think his legs should be longer. Most people's heights are made up of about 55% legs and 45% torso and head. This guy is 51 pixels tall but his torso is 29 pixel high whilst his legs and feet are 22. So unless that's the style or thats how you want it make the legs longer or the torso shorter.

Overall that excellent for a custom and probably better than I could do. JUst followe these guys advice and it'll turn out great.
Cleavers aren't just for juggling anymore!
Thanked by:
thats what JUS is basically man, Bright colors, black outlines, and not godly tall people..but thank you for the comment. Genki ^_^
edit:[Image: 2efj4ar.png], thar we go, does this fix the problems? and about the swords shape, its a weirdly shaped sword you'll see soon enough.
Thanked by:
The contrast looks a lot better on the paints. Is the hair supposed to have white strips like that? They look a little bit out of place.

Some of the shading is also bit conflicting. Like the left arm is shaded oppositely from the torso.
XBL: ZRDragoon - PSN: Zubodybop - Steam: XDNESS
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
i did that because the left arm is slightly behind the torso i guess, yeah, i have all of my characters with funky hair, but i'll fix.
Thanked by:
JUS isn't fully black outlines. Longer legs, shorter body.
Thanked by: