Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sega Rips
Big Grin 
I'm working on a Hombrew game with Open Beats of Rage called Sega Genesis Mega Brawler, and there are lots of sprites I need ripped. I don't think I'll rip every character from every Sega game, but there a lot I need to rip. Right now I'm ripping Toejam from Toejam&Earl Panic on Funkotron. once TJ is done, I may start on earl, or switch to another game that wasn't ripped, including shadow dancer, Contra-Hard Corps, or Alien Storm, but I can't say for sure. anyway here's my rips.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6326/fang.png
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8514/peebo.png
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8848/ripj.png
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3930/robotsv.png
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6171/...enemy1.png
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5681/...enemy2.png
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/669/toejam.png
Check out:
[Image: anim_8a980d7a-c355-b5b4-55c8-2382ebeb4a94.gif]
(Click Image to Download latest Demo)

I need Genesis sprites ripped for this Homebrew project. If interested in helping me out, please hit me up on the PM. Cool
Thanked by:
Looking good. I can't wait for you to finish some of these. Genesis seems to get shafted around here.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I am planning to rip Contra hard cops.
Thanked by:
(07-14-2009, 09:17 AM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: I am planning to rip Contra hard cops.
Coolio, I've already started on Fang and the robots from stage one, there's a Browny Sheet but I don't think it's done, since it's smaller than my fang sheet, which isn't done yet either.
Check out:

I need Genesis sprites ripped for this Homebrew project. If interested in helping me out, please hit me up on the PM. Cool
Thanked by:
I was doing a lot of thinking a few hours ago. I need to rip sprites for this project, I don't have the time to rip a full sheet of the Genesis games I wanna add, but I hate unfinished sheets. but the only way I'm gonna be able to rip sheets in a timely fashion is to rip the ones I'm actually gonna use, whoever wants to see the sheet complete will have ti finish it themselves. but If i'm playing a game for the hell of it, I'll rip screen shots and send them to whoever wants to put it to the sheet. I've downloaded a bunch of roms today so I don't know what I'm starting with, but I'll post about'em when the time comes.
Sheet's I may start:
Killing Game Show
Mazin Saga
Mega Turrican
Mystical Fighter
Probotector (Different version of Contra Hard Corps)
Rise of the Robots
Skeleton Krew
If any sprite sheets from these games exsits, please let a brotha know.
Check out:

Thanked by:
(07-18-2009, 11:06 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: Mazin Saga
I was planning on ripping this at some point... mind if I lighten the work load for you? :D
[Image: ee001b0522d4fd2f5ee2844fa8a32efe82d30bad.png]
Thanked by:
(07-18-2009, 11:13 PM)Domobot Wrote:
(07-18-2009, 11:06 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: Mazin Saga
I was planning on ripping this at some point... mind if I lighten the work load for you? Big Grin
Coolio, go ahead! less rippin' fo meh. Cool
(double Post)
Forgot I also wanted to Rip Naruto from Cosmic Carnage.
Check out:

Thanked by:
(07-18-2009, 11:06 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: Sheet's I may start:
Mega Turrican
If any sprite sheets from these games exsits, please let a brotha know.

I ripped Bren McGuire (the playable hero) of Mega Turrican directly from the ROM here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis...heet/22903

Some point in time, I may and most likely rip more from this game. Apart from playing the game and finding the correct palettes, the game is uncompressed and is quite easy to rip - both that aren't common on Mega Drive games. This is from experience.

Also I ripped that Shadow Dancer character (Hayate) that you was working on so you don't have to finish that and I am ripping more from that game. Possibly ESWAT and finishing off a few games/sheets I might do next, time permitting.
Thanked by:
[Image: mazin3.png]
...fffffffffffff
Is there any Genesis emulator with layer control? It'd make this a hell of a lot easier.
[Image: ee001b0522d4fd2f5ee2844fa8a32efe82d30bad.png]
Thanked by:
(07-19-2009, 01:28 PM)Domobot Wrote: [Image: mazin3.png]
...fffffffffffff
Is there any Genesis emulator with layer control? It'd make this a hell of a lot easier.
Gens+ has it, that's how I rip my Genesis Sprites.
I also use AnimGet to.

@Yawackhary:
How the hell did I forgot that sheet? lol
but If your going to rip more than I have no more reason to play this on Gens+.

I've also started on Probotector last night, and just about ripped all the sprites I need for the robot that replaced Fang, CX somethin'.
Check out:

Thanked by:
Megasis also allows layer control. My video-card always get incompatibility problems with Gens+, no matter how hard I try. So if you have any problems on running Gens or Gens+, check it out.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
(08-10-2009, 03:28 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: Megasis also allows layer control. My video-card always get incompatibility problems with Gens+, no matter how hard I try. So if you have any problems on running Gens or Gens+, check it out.
Thanks, I just tested it on comix zone it worked well. It's not too different from Gens+ but I'll keep it just in case.

Also, does anyone here know if any sprites from Shaq fu were ripped? all I saw were a bunch of GIFs when I searched for them.
Check out:

Thanked by:
Never saw any rip from Shaq Fu before, I think you'll have to rip yourself. This game isn't popular (to speak the truth, it sucks)
Thanked by:
(09-12-2009, 02:49 AM)Ultimecia Wrote: Never saw any rip from Shaq Fu before, I think you'll have to rip yourself. This game isn't popular (to speak the truth, it sucks)
I heard that before, but aside from the small sprites, I actually enjoyed it. I even took out the time to beat it. Cool
I guess it's another game on my rip list, luckily I found a move list.

EDIT:
I have another problem, I tried to start on Cosmic Carnage for 32X, and the Gens emulator couldn't remove all of the background for me to rip. Before I use a more harder method of ripping, does anyone know about an emulator that can control more than 2 layers, other than GENECYST, it refuses to work for me now.
Check out:

Thanked by:
I've beaten it years ago once, in a moment of boredom. I'm not looking forward a second time, through.

No idea, Kega Fusion maybe?
There's a good list of emulators at Zophar's Domain. I never tried to rip from 32x. Actually not many people rip from Genesis because of the lack of good emulators with layer support as far I know.
Thanked by: