Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rumor: New Donkey Kong Country game
Me on PT Wrote:http://www.infendo.com/nintendo/redmond-...ong-at-e3/

I'm skeptical about this site and the source they quote, but...Donkey Kong Country.

I'm also hoping this isn't just a misuse of the "Country" name. No Jungle Beat sequels please.
Thanked by:
If there are no Kremlins then it won't be a DKC game. Probably won't even come close the origional formula.
Thanked by:
If Rare isn't developing it and no sign of Kremlings plus the iconic features, then I don't think it will be like SNES ones. I bet it will be Paon or someone if it is indeed coming to DS or Wii.

Might be looking forward to it if real since I did buy King of Swing and Jungle Climber.
Thanked by:
We can only hope Rare develops it on the DS. Otherwise, it won't be a DKC in my own opinion.
Thanked by:
I want another 3D DK platformer like DK64. That was the last great DK game to ever come out.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
DK 64 had good aspects, but I really don't want another DK game like it. Too much like Banjo-Kazooie (even the Grant Kirkhope soundtrack), not enough like DKC.

The first Sly Cooper actually works very similar to how I think a DKC game should in 3D, but it doesn't seem likely anyone would apply a similar formula to a DK game.
Thanked by:
A.J. Nitro Wrote:I want another 3D DK platformer like DK64. That was the last great DK game to ever come out.

It would be nice if Rare was able to develop one for the Wii. I'd hope that there would be a few Wiimote moves, but they use more buttons than Galaxy. I'd like to see Rare take the multiplayer concept from DK64 and port that to the DS with some new features like characters, maps, and maybe a storyline.
Thanked by:
I think Nintendo would do a good job with this. Platforming is just what they do!
Thanked by:
It's not so much the issue of whether or not it would be a good platforming game that worries me.

It's whether or not it would be a good Donkey Kong Country game.
Thanked by:
The way I see it DK is a cameo in games now, the new DK games such as that one on Wii and that Jungle Climber pretty much suck, whatever happened to the ol' days od DK 1,2 and 3?
I miss those days : anyway as I mentioned about DK being a cameo, he is cause he has appeared in Brawl and Kart.

So I hope this new DK game is like a Country game if not, Masahiro Sakurai is gonna get a FALCON PAWNCH!
Thanked by:
Sakurai wouldn't have anything to do with a Donkey Kong Game, he doesn't even work for Nintendo...
Thanked by:
Yak Wrote:The way I see it DK is a cameo in games now, the new DK games such as that one on Wii and that Jungle Climber pretty much suck, whatever happened to the ol' days od DK 1,2 and 3?

Jungle Climber suck? Did you even play that game?!

Thanked by:
Ok this might be fake coming from Mario Wiki, but there is still hope. It's suppose to be a new 3D DK platformer for the Wii, along with a DK64 remake for the DS.If this is true, I will cry tears of happiness.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Donkey_Kong_Wii
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
Despite the fact I want a new DK game that does not suck and takes back to the classic DKC days, I highly doubt that Rare has any intention to develop it. Unless Nintendo bought the rights the the Kremlings from Rare, then maybe that might be something beyond good. But as all franchises go, expect the new aspects to be in it, but if it is in at least in a platfomer kind of way, then I swear I will buy the game if it is true.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Rare doesn't own the kremlings. Should be pretty clear considering how many non-Rare games they've appeared in since the company was bought out.

In fact, you seem to have more than that backwards. Info on Rare's website long ago indicated they'd be more than happy to make another Donkey Kong game, but it would be up to Nintendo to decide if it would actually happen.

Conversely, with Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Nintendo EAD Tokyo...well, read this:

N-Sider Wrote:Q: Tell us about the characters.

Koizumi: All the characters outside of Donkey Kong and the banana are completely original. We don't really feel the past look of Donkey Kong was fresh enough for today. We really gave our new development team the chance to really create something unique and stylish.

Q: There isn't much of a story in this one.

Koizumi: We didn't need a superfluous story for this did we ? (smiles) The only thing Donkey Kong needs is to be the best, and become king of the jungle.

Shimizu: Also there are a lot of locations and scenarios, some really wild stuff in there. So it's better if the player uses his imagination to connect that all together.

Keep in mind, they'd later go on to make Super Mario Galaxy, which was an utter nostalgia-fest.

However, PAON and the guys behind Brawl did well with the franchise (aside from certain problems), so maybe there's hope.
Thanked by: