Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fallout 3
Anyone else playing this? I'm pretty obsessed with it right now. I'm currently playing a good character, but I think I might start a new game once I beat this one with an evil one. I recruited Dogmeat and Charon. Charon is awesome. I'm currently trying to figure out where I can get power armor training.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I have it, played and finished through the first 3 DLCs but have yet to buy the fourth.

I really enjoyed Fallout 3 the first few times. After that, I started downloading mods for it and the DLC from Games for Windows Live (and promptly fixing Microsofts mistakes and getting the DLC to work on my machine).

I have a heap of mods, about 1/3 I have made myself (either in the GECK or by tweaking previous mods) which I think make the game more enjoyable. I make enemies tougher, level ups further between, armor more noticably effective, skill points more linear (so even the dumb characters can get good skills, and so smart-asses don't max the skills before level 20), Perks don't rely on level (instead they have different requirements. Or are simply disabled.). Then I have other stuff like new hair packs, my own little hideout in Springvale, improvements to the environment, a sweet selection of sunglasses, various fixes for silly things that Bethesda appears to have forgotten, extra clothing, body replacers for male and female characters, replaced animations, improved decals, and replaced ingame posters.

Thanked by:
Oh. I was told to find a guy near GNR for training. Oh well, I guess it was just a hint for later.
What other expansions are there? I have the Pitt and whatever came with that one on the disc. Anchorage, I think.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Operation Anchorage
Point Lookout
The Pitt
Broken Steel

I'm borrowing the game atm. its aight
[Image: raytheon.png]
[Image: Huntsman125.png]
Thanked by:
I bought collectors edition on release. I have a Vault Boy bobblehead and a Vaut Tec lunch box Big Grin

I should download Point Lookout. Infact, I think I'll check if Games For Windows Live is going to behave and let me.
Thanked by:
One of the most boring games I've ever played. Beautiful, detailed, and really expansive... but boring.
Thanked by:
(07-01-2009, 03:31 AM)Cooltrainer♂ Tyvon Wrote: One of the most boring games I've ever played. Beautiful, detailed, and really expansive... but boring.

Thankfully, it didn't get boring as quickly as other games did when I played it. But that might just be me.
Thanked by:
Well, I haven't picked it up in awhile, especially since my bro doesn't want to buy any of the expansions, but there was I time where I clocked in maybe 70 hours.

Since I have it for PC, using codes, I was able to have an entire team following me, RPG style, in a line, I had basically everyone that could follow you at once, Dogmeat, Red, Shorty, Star Paladin Cross, Fawkes, Charon, Sticky, and for awhile Cherry, the girl whoring it out in Dukov's place.

Heres a guide if you wanna do it: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....e=threaded
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
(07-01-2009, 07:40 AM)LilGrim1991 Wrote: Well, I haven't picked it up in awhile, especially since my bro doesn't want to buy any of the expansions, but there was I time where I clocked in maybe 70 hours.

Since I have it for PC, using codes, I was able to have an entire team following me, RPG style, in a line, I had basically everyone that could follow you at once, Dogmeat, Red, Shorty, Star Paladin Cross, Fawkes, Charon, Sticky, and for awhile Cherry, the girl whoring it out in Dukov's place.

Heres a guide if you wanna do it: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....e=threaded

I made one tough evil son-of-a-bitch with a large selection of perks through console codes. He's tough, but he can't take a behemoth with his fists or anything. He only ever wears Paingiver armor and a Wastehound helmet, and uses whatever weapon on hand, usually the Man Opener.
Thanked by:
I was able to pick up the Collector's Edition for around $35.00 at a Best Buy near here. Living in a hicktown has its advantages. Cute

Anyway, I'm currently emulating Jesus and specializing in Small Guns, Repair, and Medicine. Yeah, I know, I have no imagination.

My hunting rifle and combat shotgun are my best friends, but I can't find any goddamn dart gun schematics. I know you can get 'em for
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:
(07-01-2009, 10:44 AM)Rai Wrote: My hunting rifle and combat shotgun are my best friends, but I can't find any goddamn dart gun schematics. I know you can get 'em for
I think theres one in the outlook park near the nuka cola factory, the one filled with Deathclaws, in one of the trailers.
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
(07-01-2009, 02:47 PM)LilGrim1991 Wrote:
(07-01-2009, 10:44 AM)Rai Wrote: My hunting rifle and combat shotgun are my best friends, but I can't find any goddamn dart gun schematics. I know you can get 'em for
I think theres one in the outlook park near the nuka cola factory, the one filled with Deathclaws, in one of the trailers.

Well if that ain't a kick in the dick. The reason I want a dart gun is because of Deathclaws. Eh, might as well give it a go, though.
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:
(07-01-2009, 04:48 PM)Rai Wrote:
(07-01-2009, 02:47 PM)LilGrim1991 Wrote:

Well if that ain't a kick in the dick. The reason I want a dart gun is because of Deathclaws. Eh, might as well give it a go, though.

Linda Montenigero at Tenpenny Tower sells a set of schematics as well.

Thanked by:
extremely brown and extremely boring, i liked oblivion better
Thanked by:
(07-01-2009, 07:21 PM)Corpse Camo Wrote: extremely brown and extremely boring, i liked oblivion better

Oblivion almost made me break my keyboard and mouse.

My friend broke a 360 controller while maxing out Athletics.

Oblivion's only fault for me was how 50% of the game was merely scouting out the rife opportunity to max a skill, IE, standing outside a farm waiting 3 days and stocking up on a potion componets Or going into the first dungeon, hitting auto walk while sneaking and walking into the corner, waiting 3 hours and thus maxing Sneak.

Atleast Fallout 3 I had to do stuff to get my skills up.

Also: Fallout 3 will look less brown/green if you use Fellout mod, it vastly improves the look of outside. It also makes night time really dark, so you learn to be careful... or to get a mod with Nightvision goggles and thus get a new item.

I enjoyed them both, just found Fallout 3 more engaging.
Thanked by: