Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gauntlet II sprites
Hi there everypeoples, I've been using the Spriter's Resource since forever, but this is my first time posting and submitting, as well as ripping. I've done custom sprites before, but never ripped anything until now, so if I did something wrong, please tell me. I'll attach the Gauntlet II Hero sprites I ripped, and I'm going to continue to rip the enemies and other objects. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Edit: How do I make an icon for my sprites? -.-"

Edit 2: Okay, I did a little more ripping, some of the basic enemies, grunt, ghost, etc., but I'm hesitant to go much further without getting any replies here, so I think I'll wait until my questions are answered until I upload all of them. Thanks!

Edit 3: I'd still like to know how to make an icon for my sprites, but I've ripped all of the generated monsters now. I also fixed a few minor errors in the Heroes sheet. I'll move onto the other six or so enemies including the boss dragon, and then I'l probably rip some of the important tiles like the gold, food, and generator tiles before calling it quites. Oh, and as was suggested, I'll move all of the enemies onto one sheet when I'm done ripping them.

Edit 4: I'm super excited that the first two of my sheets were added to the main site! However, I noticed one problem and I realize that it's entirely my fault - These are rips from Gauntlet II the sequel to Gauntlet, while the sprites were placed in the Gauntlet category. I'm sure this happened because stupid me put gauntlet in the filename instead of gauntlet2, so this has been fixed on all of the sheets. Also, the hero sheet that was updated onto the main site was the old version that was missing a few things that were added to the new one here. Thank you all so much for adding my rips, it makes me super excited to see them on the main page!

Edit 5: Hooray! I've finished ripping all 10 of the enemies found in the game, including the boss Dragon, and compiled them all into one big sheet. I'll move on to ripping the objects like food, keys, treasure, etc. and upload those too.

Edit 6: A kind person pointed out that Attachments are for losers, so here are the two attached sheets via photobucket.
[Image: gauntlet2-heroes.png?t=1246590763]

[Image: gauntlet2-enemies.png?t=1246590750]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
Nice work. Will you be putting all the enemies on one sheet?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(06-25-2009, 02:00 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Nice work. Will you be putting all the enemies on one sheet?

Actually, I hadn't thought of that, but yes, I think that's a much better idea then multiple small sheets. Unless someone objects, I'll do this instead.
Thanked by:
I noticed that nobody seems to comment when I just edit my first post, and I thought that this could be perhaps because they only check and see that there aren't any actually new posts, so I'm going to post my updates like this from now on.

I noticed that the same two sheets that were first added were re uploaded in the newest update, and It's awesome that they are there and have gotten themselves in the correct place this time, but I'd really like to stress that both of those sheets are now obsolete. I missed a few things with that hero sheet, and the one I have attached now has those things, and should be uploaded instead of the one currently on the site so that the sheet is full.

Also the Grunt sheet is fine as it is now, but should probably be replaced with the full enemy sheet that includes the grunt and is included in the first post's attachments. Thank you for allowing me to contribute to your site, I've always admired the Spriter's Resource, and am thrilled that I know have something to contribute to it!
Thanked by:
That's fie. When the replacement sheets are done I'll post them and delete the old ones.
Thanked by:
(07-02-2009, 08:37 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: That's fie. When the replacement sheets are done I'll post them and delete the old ones.

Um, they've been done for awhile. They're attached to the first post. Here, I'll attach them to this post just in case it's not working for your for some reason.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
A piece of advice: most of us hardly check on the attached images. Most of us rippers upload to image hosting sites, such as imageshack, photobucket or tinypic ;p
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
(07-02-2009, 04:09 PM)Super Ultimecia Wrote: A piece of advice: most of us hardly check on the attached images. Most of us rippers upload to image hosting sites, such as imageshack, photobucket or tinypic ;p

duly noted, thank you. Smile

Yeah, this is my first thread here EVER so I wasn't really sure what to do and I figured that since there was an attachments option, that's what I should use to submit my sprites. May I ask what it's used for then, if not to post your sheets? I'm kinda confused as to it's purpose if nobody ever uses/checks it.
Thanked by:
I think it's because it's easier for newcomers (like yourself) and it's one of the default features of most forum types (like this one). And I guess there's always somebody willing to zip the files or something.
From time to time there's always polls or topics asking to remove this option, but Dazz is adamant to say "attachment stays", so here they are ;p
Thanked by:
(07-02-2009, 10:15 PM)Super Ultimecia Wrote: I think it's because it's easier for newcomers (like yourself) and it's one of the default features of most forum types (like this one). And I guess there's always somebody willing to zip the files or something.
From time to time there's always polls or topics asking to remove this option, but Dazz is adamant to say "attachment stays", so here they are ;p

Haha, well, that makes sense I suppose. What Dazz says goes around here. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Also people tend to read the new posts, not always the edits :/, I think that's another reason they 'forgot' about this topic
Thanked by:
Ah, k. Great job. Big Grin
Thanked by:
(07-02-2009, 11:00 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Ah, k. Great job. Big Grin

Oh, Thanks! That means a lot. I'm just glad they came out well for my first rip. Smile
Thanked by:
These are wicked, nice one Big Grin

But yeah, I don't like to disable attachments because to be honest, there isn't anything wrong with it... I really don't know why people complain.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(07-03-2009, 03:33 AM)Dazz Wrote: These are wicked, nice one Big Grin

But yeah, I don't like to disable attachments because to be honest, there isn't anything wrong with it... I really don't know why people complain.

Thank you! Big Grin
Yeah, I don't see any problem with it either. Except for the fact that other people seem to and therefore don't check out the attachments, so it's kind of hard to utilize the feature to it's fullest. Tongue
Thanked by: