Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[3D Art] Shadowth117's Renders
I decided I should make a render thread for my stuff so I edited the Vectorman one.

[Image: vectorman2.jpg]

I was bored and decided to go with this idea I got out of nowhere. I'll change it up a bit depending on what people think of it.

[Image: vectormanterraporthdwip.png]
[Image: vectormanterraport.png]

That's something I just started working on. I wanted to do something more challenging this time.

[Image: doomsday3.th.jpg]

This is an older thing I did. I can see a few mistakes I made in it such as the cloud's opacity mask being too small, but overall I think it came out good.
Thanked by:
That's awesome
Thanked by:
YES
also UGH HARD GAME
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-23-2009, 10:57 AM)Vipershark Wrote: YES
also UGH HARD GAME

Lol yeah. To be honest I never managed to beat either of the games, but I've always enjoyed playing them.
Thanked by:
furthest I've gotten in VM2 is Bog Jam
I think the furthest I've gotten in VM1 was the 2nd level Tongue
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
So I'm not the only person that had a hard time with that game....
Thanked by:
[Image: doomsday3.th.jpg]

Happy birthday Sonic! I did this a while ago actually, but I never posted it here so whatever.
Thanked by:
Vectorman is painfully difficult.
Thanked by:
Well I was bored today and so decided to fix up one of my first models. I figured I may as well post it here since I haven't put anything here in a long time.
[Image: crapfighter.jpg]
[Image: spaceshipe.jpg]

I think its fairly obvious which one the old one was.
Thanked by:
Would you mind posting the poly-counts for each of your models?
Thanked by:
(10-14-2009, 02:50 PM)Ekoi Wrote: Would you mind posting the poly-counts for each of your models?

Sure I don't mind. Here's the scene poly-counts and a few of the individual models'.
Vectorman 2 scene: 12,500
Doomsday scene: 15,321
Fightership scene: 7,395

Fightership alone: 5,395
Vectorman alone: 7,810

Sonic wasn't listed because its just the SSBB Sonic model, but I can list that one and all the others too if you want.
Thanked by:
Sweet stuff.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Shadowth117
Isn't 7,000 tris a bit too much? For next-gen graphics, it's the norm, but then he don't look too next-gen.
That said, it looks great for what it is.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: Shadowth117
Those are quite high counts there. You'd be sure to make a Wii go sadface.

You should lower the amount of sides on your geospheres, and any details should be done with texturing, and if you want, lighting properties.

To give you an idea, the models in Warcraft 3 had counts of 300 to 700, and only going up to 1100+ if they were things you weren't to have massive of on screen, like the Heroes or buildings. While you're obviously not modeling with RTS practicalities in mind, you still shouldn't have 7000+ on a character who primarily consists of spheres. You should be able to easily reduce that to about 3500 to 4000 and use the textures to make up for it. Or, if you really wanted to reduce it to N64/DS/PS/PSP graphics, you could go lower, and replace the blue spheres with textured billboards.

You should always try to utilize textures (and other things) to make up for details.
(10-15-2009, 04:03 AM)Ekoi Wrote: Those are quite high counts there. You'd be sure to make a Wii go sadface.

You should lower the amount of sides on your geospheres, and any details should be done with texturing, and if you want, lighting properties.

To give you an idea, the models in Warcraft 3 had counts of 300 to 700, and only going up to 1100+ if they were things you weren't to have massive of on screen, like the Heroes or buildings. While you're obviously not modeling with RTS practicalities in mind, you still shouldn't have 7000+ on a character who primarily consists of spheres. You should be able to easily reduce that to about 3500 to 4000 and use the textures to make up for it. Or, if you really wanted to reduce it to N64/DS/PS/PSP graphics, you could go lower, and replace the blue spheres with textured billboards.

You should always try to utilize textures (and other things) to make up for details.

I understand that, but seeing as I wasn't planning on putting these into a game I didn't really bother optimizing them a lot. I definitely understand the practicality of using textures as well, but I'm not terribly good at making them. You could say I'm lazy for not optimizing this stuff, but like I said its not going to go into a game in the first place. If it were I can guarantee you I would put forth my best effort to keep the polycounts relatively low.

(10-14-2009, 09:57 PM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: Isn't 7,000 tris a bit too much? For next-gen graphics, it's the norm, but then he don't look too next-gen.
That said, it looks great for what it is.

Well I think I already went over the reasons for the Polycounts. I really like how the fighter ship came out, however the whole Vectorman scene as well as a lot of Sonic's aren't quite as good looking as they could be IMO. I'm still learning though and to be honest I don't think I'm doing horribly considering I've never taken formal classes on it.

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few basics I don't know either for the previously mentioned reason which is why I'm taking a high school course on 3d Animation. A lot of its review for me so far, but every once I'll find something I haven't learned yet.

Lastly, I'd like to mention that I do appreciate your reviews on my work. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm an amazing modeler, but I'd like to get good enough to be considered one someday.

Edit: I can also post a few model rips from various games if anyone wants to use them.
Thanked by: