Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Man Battle Network returns for DS
Quote:Today, at the World Hobby Fair, Capcom officially announced "Rockman EXE Operator Shooting Star" for the Nintendo DS. The title is said to release in 2009.
[Image: bnsf1.png]
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot....unced.html

Looks like a Star Force/ Battle Network crossover.
Thanked by:
Might be good. They play almost exactly the same except I find StarForce just a bit faster. Hopefully a new Lunar Knights game comes out so there can even be more wacky crossovers.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
YES BEST GAME EVER.

Thank you Capcom.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
I would prefer an X9
or mm10
or ZX3
or Legends 3

but this is still cool
Oh yeah, because there aren't enough samey Megaman Platformers in existance already.
Legends 3 would be reasonable, but that's not going to happen.
Thanked by:
im fine with any of the games. its a little bothersome that star force 3 and this are the only mm games to look forward to atm though.

also am i the only person who dislikes the whole retro idea. mm9 was fine but i would have prefered if it were done like powered up. same thing with x9, i dont want snes graphics, i want to see EFFORT.
Thanked by:
Oh god damnit.

Give us a GOOD game, like X9, or MM10, or ZX3, not more regurgitated Battle Network shit. S:
Battle Network was the best next to MMZ.
At least it had some plot twists, not "OMG SIGMAS BACK" in every game
[Image: prinsig.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
Yep, it's another Megaman game I won't mind playing (if it's going to be JP only, ah well)

Anyone recall Clock Genius?
Thanked by:
X was always more about gameplay; and aside from the Sigma thing still had some pretty decent plot twists, like Wily's appearance and manipulation, etc.

Zero by far had the best storyline of any series, though~
Thanked by:
Battle Network was nothing but gameplay. And this is interesting considering they confirmed that bn6 was the last of the series, but they seem to be using this as an excuse to bring it back.

Might look forward to it though since it was my favorite megaman series along with zero.
Thanked by:
Very true; they put loads of fan-catering bonuses into BN6 to make it go out with a bang.

the BN (and by extention SF) games were extremly heavy on gameplay because they had lengthy and in some games ball-breakingly hard endgames. There's the whole multiplayer element too, which (aside from Power Battles), none of the other MM games have.
Thanked by:
My biggest problem with battle network was how stale the gameplay got. It was an interesting experiment but it doesn't leave much room for innovation. I know they tried with BN5 but that ended up pretty weird soo... yeah. Each X, Zero, ZX, and to a lesser degree, classic, game felt fresh and different from the last.
Thanked by:
(06-21-2009, 03:28 PM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: Oh god damnit.

Give us a GOOD game, like X9, or MM10, or ZX3, not more regurgitated Battle Network shit. S:

this
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
[Image: mmx9.png]
cheating on this one.