Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
What games would make awesome movies?
And what games should never EVER be made into a movie?

Awesome: Metroid, how could this possibly make a bad movie? I don't think I would be able to comprehend the badassness that would be a Metroid movie

Never ever: Sims. I honestly can't believe Hollywood even toyed with the idea of a Sims movie.
Thanked by:
A Metroid film would utterly suck. In fact whenever when I think of games that should never be made into films Metroid is normally the first to spring to mind.

The only game I think has enough characters, plot and action sequences to make a decent film would be Metal Gear Solid 3 - but even then it'll probably suck. Games are games instead of films for a reason and that is why to this day a good video game film does not exist. FF7 Advent Children is only good for fans of the game, and thus isn't a good film but a good fan service.

But to not just be a jerk, some games I wouldn't mind seeing be made into films are: MGS3, Heavenly Sword and Metal Slug (think light hearted Rambo). And only then if they were made really well - which they wouldn't be.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
ANY MGS game would be great as a movie. They pretty much are, anyway.
Thanked by:
Mgs4

wait lol!
[Image: IiIQzhm.gif]
Thanked by: Badassbill, Badassbill
I'm definitely with you on the Metroid movie. I think Half-Life 2 could make a great film if they could somehow work around Gordon being a silent protagonist. The thing with Samus is that she actually does talk sometimes, and even when she doesn't she has journals and mission logs and the like. Gordon has never spoken a word throughout his entire series. (although he really does still have a discernible personality anyway, based on character interactions)

I think Ico be a great movie as well.

Edit: Actually I completely forgot about Metal Slug, that would make an amazing film as long as they kept the atmosphere of the games.
Thanked by:
Advent Rising already feels like a wicked action movie, so I'd be all for that.

Darkwatch seems like it could be a damn awesome movie, as well.
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:
MGS would be a great spy/action movie
Halo and GoW would be pretty decent action movies
Mercenaries? Especially in the 2nd, the whole "mattias wants revenge" story would work great.
Front Mission? Giant war-fighting mechs are always cool.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Castlevania, but arent they already doing that?
Thanked by:
I liked the Super Mario Bros. Movie, fuck you all.

But I don't know, Dead Rising could be interesting..
[Image: 472_gliscor_1_m.png]
Thanked by:
I dunno about any specific games, but it sure would be interesting to see a game movie include respawning as a plot-element...

Like with Metal Slug. Tarma (or whoever) runs out of grenades, gets shot to death, then comes back with more grenades...

Actually, I guess I'm looking more into a more silly thing, but there don't really seem to be many games that you can REALLY take completely seriously.
Thanked by:
(06-19-2009, 01:47 AM)Cooltrainer♂ Ryan Wrote: Dead Rising

forgot about that
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-19-2009, 12:10 AM)Cooltrainer♂ Tyvon Wrote: ANY MGS game would be great as a movie. They pretty much are, anyway.

Isn't the first one being made into a movie? I'm pretty sure I remember something about Christian Bale expressing interest in playing Solid Snake, but I might be wrong.

Anyways, Max Payne 2. If they can somehow retain the film-noir styled atmosphere and John Woo styled action of the actual fucking game WITHOUT trying to add in a bunch of retarded acid trip bird monsters and cock up the plot beyond it belief it would probably be a fantastic movie.

I wouldn't mind a Killer7 movie as long as they don't explain anything.

edit: half life 2 would be a horrible movie. nobody but the most boring of nerds would want to see "boxes on seesaws" for two and a half hours
Thanked by:
castlevania shadow of the colossus king of fighters tekken and street fighter (maybe something about chun-li?? idk she isn't used enough) would all make amazing movies
Thanked by:
I'd think any game could be a great movie if the directors at Hollywood dosen't fuck them up

in fact, it'd be much better if hollywood doesn't make them at all
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(06-19-2009, 02:12 AM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: shadow of the colossus king of fighters tekken and street fighter (maybe something about chun-li?? idk she isn't used enough) would all make amazing movies

kof movie is being made, looks bad
sf film was already made and it wasnt good unless you were a kid
tekken, haha no.
SotC is also being made, dunno how thats gonna turn out.
Thanked by: