Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Newbie questions
Okay, so I'm cashing in my "first post stupid questions" here...

I was mainly wondering where you guy post your animations when they are complete. I'm been playing around with some, and am very interested in seeing the works of others.

If I wanted some feedback on my crappy animated GIFs, where should I put them? I don't want to do anything dumb. Thanks!
Thanked by:
Well, if they're animated gifs of your own sprites, you can make a topic in Sprite Discussion and showcase them to everyone, though I also suggest providing the sheet with them so we can peruse each individual frame.

If they are just basic animations of already existing sprites (like Sonic running, for example) those don't really merit thir own topic and are better suited as an avatr or placed in your signature.
[Image: elena.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-18-2009, 10:02 AM)KoA Wrote: Well, if they're animated gifs of your own sprites, you can make a topic in Sprite Discussion and showcase them to everyone, though I also suggest providing the sheet with them so we can peruse each individual frame.

If they are just basic animations of already existing sprites (like Sonic running, for example) those don't really merit thir own topic and are better suited as an avatr or placed in your signature.

Thanks for the response!

Yeah they're pretty basic - not so basic as one looping animation, but still pretty basic, I guess. I really don't know what to compare it to, as I'm pretty new here. They're pre-existing sprites from sheets I found here...I just made them fight and stuff. I though they were cool, though.

I had never done anything like that before. I guess I got myself kinda excited, Haha
Thanked by:
It's quite alright, there's a certain pride in all of us when making our first gifs. But in your case, I wouldn't make a topic for them and instead just place them in your avatar/signature.

Although try this with custom sprites and we'd love to see a topic for it!
[Image: elena.gif]
Thanked by:
Thankya.

Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how to get on of the GIFs into my avatar...all it shows is the first frame. It's not a huge deal, though. I'll just settle with emailing them to my friends for now - Haha

THanks again for the clarification - you probably saved me some embarassment.
Thanked by:
The best way to avoid embarrassment is to ask, nothing wrong on that.
Are you using a image host or trying to upload to the forum?
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
(06-18-2009, 02:20 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: The best way to avoid embarrassment is to ask, nothing wrong on that.
Are you using a image host or trying to upload to the forum?

I was trying to upload the animation.

I made one with Guybrush, if you wanna see it! haha
Thanked by:
Oh! Me wants! ^^ I luv Monkey Island

Try to upload images via hosting sites like imageshack ( www.imageshack.us ) or photobucket ( www.photobucket.com , this one you have to sign up) and show them off on your post by using the img tag ;p

Code:
[img]the url of the image goes here[/img]
Thanked by:
(06-18-2009, 10:07 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: Oh! Me wants! ^^ I luv Monkey Island

Try to upload images via hosting sites like imageshack ( www.imageshack.us ) or photobucket ( www.photobucket.com , this one you have to sign up) and show them off on your post by using the img tag ;p

Code:
[img]the url of the image goes here[/img]

Thanks! I used imageready - and sent you a PM with the GIF
Thanked by:
I don't know if this should go here, but I don't see anywhere else to ask.

[Image: iwantfindmyparents.gif]

See those Octocat sprites over there? If I sheeted them. Would they be submittable, seeing they're custom and not styled to any particular game, and the character isn't a game character?
Thanked by:
No. The character must be from a game.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
They are pretty good though.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: The KKM, The KKM
(06-20-2009, 10:53 PM)Lunyka Wrote: No. The character must be from a game.

Ok then. Thank you.
Thanked by:
can i make 2 files?
Thanked by:
Even 3 files if you like, I guess
But again, what is exactly you want to know?
Thanked by: