Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What 2D fighting games have nice styled sprites?
There's a lot of em to look up, but I want to know which ones have styles that stand out, and by that I mean simple styled shading, nothing overshaded that's outdated or looks old.

Also inb4 Tyvon. Cuz I know you know some.
Thanked by:
Guilty Gear X2 uses a small amount of colors and ends up looking really nice. They're also really large-scale, however.

Arcana Heart doesn't look like it uses a very large amount of colors, either. I wouldn't know; I haven't played it yet.

Samurai Shodowns 3-6 also don't use a huge amount of colors, and those look amazing.

Last Blade.

Power Instinct: Matrimelee.

Real Bout Fatal Fury.

Garou. Uses I think LESS colors than KOF, and has beautiful animation.

Notice how only two of the games I've mentioned aren't from SNK?

EDIT: Oh, and Street Fighter III. Obviously.
Thanked by:
WakuWaku7, outfoxies. and Samurai Showdown are everything thatc omes to my mind. although you could always try to emulate the lowpoly style from Virtua Figther wich i think would be more challenging.

i am not that fond of figthing games to have a somehow vast knowledge.
Thanked by: Alpha Six, Alpha Six
(06-16-2009, 05:38 PM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: WakuWaku7
HOW did I forget this one?

Waku Waku 7 uses an astonishingly small amount of colors and looks wonderful.

One of the female characters only uses like, two colors per shade.
Thanked by:
meh, as if SNK wasnt the greatest referal in terms of beatiful figthing games...
Thanked by:
I like Fatal Fury: F-Contact. I knwo the shading style is very basic, but I still like it.
Thanked by:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
F-Contact is a NGPC game; all of them use the same general style.

If you're going to mention F-Contact, mention KOFs R-1 and R-2, as well as SvC:MOTM and Gals Fighters.
Thanked by:
Okay, thanks for pointing that out, I guess I like that simple style.
Thanked by:
Looking into these, thanks.

More suggestions are welcome still.
Thanked by:
If you want smaller-scale, I've always liked the sprites from Draglade (DS). The animation frames are less, but the sprite style is simple and pretty cool.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
(06-16-2009, 05:48 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: If you want smaller-scale, I've always liked the sprites from Draglade (DS). The animation frames are less, but the sprite style is simple and pretty cool.

This one DOES look pretty cool, thanks groove.
Thanked by:
NP. There are more sprites in its sequel, Custom Beat Battle Draglade 2. It's japanese only; which is why the name is long for no good reason. >_>
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Most fighters look beautiful ONLY on a TV screen, because of the blurring that occurs that also looks like aa.

Take Guilty Gear, for example. Crappy antialiasing that somehow looks good on the screen.

Pocket Fighters/ Super Gem Fighters Mini Mix? Seems to fit your style.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Castle Crashers. Best 2D Fighting game on earth and I love the style of graphics.
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by: