Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ultra Smash Bros. X-treme!
IMPORTANT: I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this topic, if it's not, please move it to the right place, but tell me where it's moved so I can check up on it. Thank you.

Okay, you know the Smash Bros. and Fantasy Smash sprite projects that are in progress? Well, I got to thinking. What if we made the ultimate Smash Bros. game with those sprites? If you'd like to see your creations in the game, post them here. This tells me I have your permission to use your sprites in our game.

RULES:

-You may only post YOUR creations.
-ONLY post from the Smash Bros. and Fantasy Smash sprite projects.
-ONLY post FINISHED creations, W.I.P.s are ZERO tolerance!
-If someone helped you with your creation, give credit to them!
-ONLY post if you want your character in the game. Post, it's in the game, no matter what!

OTHER DETAILS:

-Any character will do! From a TV show, movie, game, book, anyone! If you want to sprite a character not for the Smash Bros. or Fantasy Smash Projects, like SpongeBob, Maxwell Smart, or maybe even Michael Jackson, please remember...
-It MUST be made SPECIFICALLY for this forum
-It MUST be in the same style as the Smash Bros. and Fantasy Smash projects
-It MUST be a character not already started/claimed in the other projects (e.g., Mario, Dig-Dug, Tails)
-EVERY SINGLE MOVE MUST BE INCLUDED! EVERY ATTACK, SPECIAL, TAUNT, TILT, MOVEMENT, EVERYTHING MUST BE SPRITED! LABEL THEM, AS WELL!

Here's an example. Let's say the guy who made Gooey for the Fantasy Smash Project wanted his Gooey sprites in the game. Since he's done, he can post the sheet here. It will be collected, used in the game, you know. Let's say the guy who's working on Mario in the Smash Bros. Project wants his Mario sprites in the game. Well, he's not done yet. He's certainly welcome to post his Mario sprites, but not until it's 100% done.

I would like to use ALL characters from both sprite projects, but if they post their own sprites, I know I have their permission. This way, I won't have to go to every user, "Can I use your sprites?" I will know I have their permission if they post the sprites here, but the character MUST be complete.

Any questions, PM me. This forum is STRICTLY for progress on the game ONLY. I have the feeling the forum will be full of questions instead of game progress, so just a PM will be fine.

I will not be spriting anything (I suck at spriting specific styles), but I will be happy to collect!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smash Bros. Project Playable Fighters Being Used:
<start list here>

Fantasy Smash Project Playable Fighters Being Used:
<start list here>

Other Playable Fighters Being Used:
<start list here>

Minimum amount of fighters needed:
Original Smash Series Playable Fighters: 0/45
Fantasy Smash Project Playable Fighters: 0/55
Misc. Playable Fighters: 0/20
Total Characters: 0/120

And don't worry, I'll be busy, too! I'm not someone who just sits back and makes everyone else do work. Read Post #3 (this post has been edited to add/fix some stuff) to see what I'll be doing.
Thanked by:
There isn't a correct board, because you've done nothing that would make this fit in any of the boards.

- You've not sprited anything, so this doesn't go in Sprite Discussion.
- You have no project agenda, so this isn't a Project.
- You have no game engine, so this isn't a fangame.

The best you could possibly manage is requests - since you're grubbing for the sprites of other people. So I'll move it there.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Thank you for moving it and telling me where it's moved.

I'm not trying to "grub" them in a bad way. I just liked the Smash Bros./Fantasy Smash style, and was really impressed with the sprites included, plus I figured, with hard work this good, it should be featured in something big, so I wanted to start a game with it all.

True, I won't be spriting. But I will be:

-Collecting the graphics (in a good way!)
-One of the music remixers
-The "script" writer (really just a game planner)
-The sound director
-(done) The Adventure Mode tile "designer" (really just collect and edit)

So as you can see, I'll be working hard on this, too, don't worry.
Thanked by:
(06-14-2009, 01:54 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: There isn't a correct board, because you've done nothing that would make this fit in any of the boards.

- You've not sprited anything, so this doesn't go in Sprite Discussion.
- You have no project agenda, so this isn't a Project.
- You have no game engine, so this isn't a fangame.

The best you could possibly manage is requests - since you're grubbing for the sprites of other people. So I'll move it there.

First of all, I (now) DO have an agenda.

Second of all, I (now) HAVE sprited (okay, just collected and edited, I suck at custom sprites) ALL the Adventure Mode leveling tiles (except the rainforest and SubSpace levels), plus the development (graphics only) for three bosses are complete. Each boss even has its own readme.

Third of all, even though I have no game engine, it IS a fangame (except I won't be programming it myself) because so long as people are willing to allow their Smash and Fantasy Smash project sprites, this is (well, OK, not exactly, but to me) considered a community fangame.

And finally, even if I DID have a game engine, I still wouldn't have figured out how to do this. But this project means a lot to me. Who wants to see a hundred (literally, 100) playable fighters in a Smash Bros. fangame? Who wants to have up to a maximum of 10 fighters in a single match? Who wants to see 10 fighters on one team, 10 fighters on another team, and 10 fighters on a third team, for a total of 30 fighters, 10 on each team in Team Battle? Who wants to see how many types of teams (colors, numbers, and letters) we can make? Who wants to help make the ultimate Super Smash Bros. game (well, with a short Adventure Mode, only downside) in the history of games? Who wants to have more than 15 different game modes, like Solo, Group, Adventure, Training, Data, Options, Vault, WFC, and even Stage and Fighter designers? I want to see all those things. But I can't do it without massive help. And I'm sure that after reading all this, you'll want to see all this AND MORE as well!
Thanked by:
I can say by that super duper bufffed up name that this is bad and has been done several times in several formats and failed in all of them.

wishing you luck, anyway.
Thanked by:
Well, okay, maybe not EVERYTHING will be in it. But it should be better than Brawl...than Flash 2, maybe.
Thanked by:
Shrink your signature, please.

Thanked by: Cobalt Blue, Cobalt Blue
was about to ask the same thing.
Thanked by:
Anything from mcleods gaming is shit.

and the way it looks, it leads me to qeustion you whether or not you'll give credit.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: