Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Bomberman rips
I ripped these long ago, back when Bacon was in charge of tSR. Somehow they got overlooked back then and I had forgotten about them until now. There isn't a single MBM sheet on the site yet, and it's easily the best game in the Bomberman series, so hopefully that will start to change.

I hope no one minds that it's an attachment. It's only because photobucket resized it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
Those are too big. Were you ripping with the emulator Gens? If so, can not rip in full screen mode. Gens is one of the worst emulators for ripping, because unlike most emulators (that allow taking snapshots) that take a snapshot of the "virtual" screen, Gens takes a shot of whatever is inside the window. So if a system had a screen size of 380 x 220 (don't recall the two sizes the Genesis/Megadrive had). Half size, double size, x1.5 size, full screen. The emulator will take a snapshot at 380 x 220. Gens would take a shot that is half size, double size, and x1.5 size, and whatever your computer's screen settings are currently set to.

You either need to play in a window that is 1 x 1, or 2 x 2 (double sized required halving the size when you're arranging obviously).

Hopefully we can correct the mistake that is our lack of Mega Bomberman sprites on the site.
Some old GIFs I made that I used as avatars on forums (mostly wouldn't have been possible without Spriters Resource and affiliates).
[Image: Game.gif][Image: image.gif][Image: FF12.gif][Image: Alchemy.gif]

No actual planned rips. Just random whatevers.
Thanked by:
oh ok.. i wasnt aware of that. well, you can ignore these then, again they're several years old. I'm not sure if I want to bother re-ripping them the right way, but yeah hopefully other people will rectify this site's absence of MBM sprites
Thanked by:
Not only that they looked enlarged but some of the sprites even looked like that they were jpged even though the sheet is a PNG but at least you tried ripping what appears to be the Battle Mode menu. Also when these were done I don't even think that Gens had a layer removal mode like Gens Kmod, so I'm guessing that these were ripped using Megasis, Dgen or even Genecyst so apart from them two problems that would have be fixed (enlarged/some JPEG sprites) I think you did good at the time. This gives me an idea....

Also I thought Saturn Bomberman was considered the best, this one appears to be a port of one of the PC Engine ones but altered.
Thanked by: