Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hero of Time (let's try this again)
Quote:Seriously, if you want us to care, put some goddamn effort in to it. Try again with feeling.

Alright, I was in a bad mood this afternoon. I felt like I was coming down with something, and being Hero of Time was brought to my attention once again on a forum that I frequent, it set me off. That said, here's everything you need to know.

The Hero of Time is a fan movie based on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It is produced by BMB Finishes and has been shown it several theaters across the country. It has yet to be posted online but we hope to see it soon.

You can see the trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPTpjK88apc

Now, in my opinion, they make a lot of mistakes. They cast the wrong people for almost every role, and they were careless with the plot because they have Link with the Triforce of Courage and of course Ocarina of Time, the actual Triforce is never a part of the story. The lines they use are also cliche, and their fake British/Shakespearean/Mideval accents kind of piss me off.

But you decide. I want to see it just to say that I did.
Thanked by:
looks pretty reasonable for a fan film.
[Image: 472_gliscor_1_m.png]
Thanked by:
i'll wait until it's released on DVD

It kinda is a bummer that they couldn't get that "professional" look for their film, but
maybe I'll see it if it comes my way

but I'm too lazy to sign up to their site to see if they'll show it locally
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
I really want to see how they pull of the Gorons and the Zora, because it'll be near-impossible to replicate the events of OoT without them.
Still thinking of a new name.
Thanked by:
(06-13-2009, 06:43 AM)Kosheh Wrote: It kinda is a bummer that they couldn't get that "professional" look for their film, but maybe I'll see it if it comes my way

See, I think their attempt at a professional look is what killed them. They couldn't pull it off, so they just went with a half-ass professional look. But if you can't go all the way then you should be modest about it. It's a fan film; it's not like all the effort that went into it will actually benefit them. They're not bothering to get permission from nintendo to sell it because they know Nintendo will never approve it.
Thanked by:
Looks like Xena with no budget.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Hm... Zelda is too fantasy to be made into a real life movie. The very style of the series, creatures, and races that exist in that game are far too unique for a real world interpretation. I would rather see a CGI Zelda movie.

I'm back by the way.

Thanked by:
(06-13-2009, 04:39 PM)koopaul Wrote: Hm... Zelda is too fantasy to be made into a real life movie. The very style of the series, creatures, and races that exist in that game are far too unique for a real world interpretation. I would rather see a CGI Zelda movie.

I'm back by the way.

See, I disagree. There's a right way to do everything, just people seldom know what it is.

BTW, welcome back!
Thanked by:
I agree. But if you want to capture something in the style and spirit. I don't think it can be done.

Picture Gorons. They're absolutely lovable in the games, but imagine what they would look like in real life! Hideous!

Thanked by:
(06-13-2009, 05:22 PM)koopaul Wrote: I agree. But if you want to capture something in the style and spirit. I don't think it can be done.

Picture Gorons. They're absolutely lovable in the games, but imagine what they would look like in real life! Hideous!

That's the thing, though. CGI and Real Life can mix. You can use both in the same film, and if you can't then you shouldn't try.
Thanked by:
True, I can't judge until I've seen it.

But you gotta admit real life can't work for everything *coughSuperMarioBroscough*

Thanked by:
I would rather enjoy an interpretation of the Story and visuals than seeing a white guy in tights and skirt running around speaking heroically.

but hey, its a fanfilm.
Thanked by:
(06-13-2009, 05:47 PM)koopaul Wrote: But you gotta admit real life can't work for everything *coughSuperMarioBroscough*

They had a crap plotline and weak actors, though, technically it could have been a lot better. Plus, that was 1993. This is 2009. I don't mean to defend Hero of Time, I'm just saying that considering I'm doing this as well, I'm counting on the fact that real life game movies can be good.
Thanked by:
Sheesh this is awful.
Thanked by:
(06-13-2009, 11:28 AM)Formerly David Wrote:
(06-13-2009, 06:43 AM)Kosheh Wrote: It kinda is a bummer that they couldn't get that "professional" look for their film, but maybe I'll see it if it comes my way

See, I think their attempt at a professional look is what killed them. They couldn't pull it off, so they just went with a half-ass professional look. But if you can't go all the way then you should be modest about it. It's a fan film; it's not like all the effort that went into it will actually benefit them. They're not bothering to get permission from nintendo to sell it because they know Nintendo will never approve it.

Actually it's a matter of the camera used to film
They had professional-quality costume design and music.
They probably couldn't afford the proper studio cameras lol
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: